Default Best ways of advertising?

So far word of mouth is taking a small effect. I did business cards and fliers. Best ways of getting the word out that there is a housecall groomer new to the area? I am the only one who offers this service. Everyone else is salon based.

Did you leave cards with local vets and apartments that allow pets? Also some businesses that have community message boards that allow local businesses to leave their info on the board (in my town it's dry cleaners, car wash places, local realtors office, etc.)
    Also, do your business cards stand out and clearly state that you are different - you come to the customer?

You NEED to have a really good website.. honestly. I've seen it make or break groomers in my area. Hundreds of your neighbors and local townspeople are searching for your services right now

Social Media is the best way, in my experience. Got nothing from hard copy ads, all my business is from social media. Do an instagram account, website, FB and try to get on google page

As others have said, a good website, Facebook and I myself am getting ready to have an Instagram account. I have gotten so many clients off my website & FB page. The other advertising I did was having business decals put on my vehicle. I just did my business name and then my website info. I didn't want people calling me while I was driving LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the above posters - a multipronged approach is key. Social media, website, and I LOVE the decals on the vehicle. One thing I'd add is to make sure you use a company name, logo, and color combination consistently throughout all of your advertising. I had previously posted a link to a blog that is now inactive. I felt an edit was in order, as timeliness is key when it comes to utilizing technology for marketing. Here's a good starting-off point for what's of interest in 2016: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/253192.
    Last edited by Wondrnthru; 06-28-16 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Inactive web link

I agree with everyone too, but after 30 years in grooming and even in a social media world, word of mouth referral is the biggest part of 1,400 regulars. That's people and vets, and it costs nothing, and I don't have to manage the social media daily either and I get at least 10 new customers a week. Good road sign visibility is essential if you are a commercial shop, spa or salon too.

I realize that this is an old thread - but the subject matter is active at any time. Things change. Yellow Pages ads, newspaper advertising, flyers, etc. are out. Websites, capture pages, social media is in. Brand new ways of catching potential clients eyes are ever evolving - and the latest thing for massive exposure is Proximity Marketing - linking to your excellent business page on FB, your website and/or digital business cards. Want more info? Ask!

The following are for me:
    1. Word of Mouth (very great for those who live around your area. People of that area will come to you especially if there's little to no competition)
    2. Having an own website- If you don't have a website yet? What are you doing? I create a free website using the hPage website builder hpage.com and eventually upgraded to a paid version which I only pay about 4 bucks a month to maintain. A website makes your business/service legitimate and professional. People would be looking at the website for service hours, list of services, photos, updates, the people who work on their pets, contact form, others.
    3. Social media is not exactly the best because FB likes or followers don't necessarily translate to sales or conversion. But they are good for customer reviews, customer service inquiries, complaints, and regular updates.
    4. Flyers- proximity flyers only though. And post them on bulletin boards. Most people you give them to just throw them out and it's a waste of paper. Flyer advertising is mainly for brand awareness and to help spread word of mouth.