Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I just stumbled on this old thread of mine so I thought I'd update. I started doing one day a week where all dogs drop off in the morning and pick up at end of day. Of course the people who don't get the concept of appointment times were the ones who didn't want to leave their dogs all day. So I did away with that and now I have a cancellation policy. " We have a cancellation fee equal to the full appointment fee for each pet. The fee is waived if at least 48 hoursí notice is given. If you are more than 15 minutes late, we will need to reschedule your appointment and the cancellation fee will apply. Exceptions for emergency situations will be made on a case by case basis." Most of the people who were in that day are either no longer clients or they show up on time.

Hi Beejl, have you ever charged the cancellation fee and how did they react?

The lady with the StPoo and little dog was charged 1/2 price the first time after the fee went into effect and the full price the second time. The third time she finally showed up and dogs had fleas--said she thought she had gotten rid of them. She refused to give Capstar before next visit so she fired herself and technically it wasn't because of the no show fee. Others got their act together.

Well it seems to have worked out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2