Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Frontline Plus expiration???

Does Frontline Plus lose it's potency or expire? All three of my dogs have Frontline, and all three have been bathed 2 weeks later and I have found fleas on them. Not tons, but enough to send my one sensitive boy into a scratching frenzy. I find maybe 1-3 fleas on each when I bathe them. What's going on? I've discovered it doesn't repel the fleas, just kills them, but are there that many fleas out there that they keep jumping on my dogs? I bomb my shop regularly, so it can't be from there, and my house I would think I'd be getting bit too, but maybe not? Could I have fleas in the house even though all our animals are frontlined??? I'm beginning to get desperate. Please help!
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.
    [url]www.LittleShopOfHowlers.com[/url]

OMG, I am having the same problem as you are my friend!! Driving me nuts. I think the fleas in my area are just becoming immune to the stuff. I am switching to advantage. I know the fleas were becoming to immune to advantage so a few years ago the vets started switching the dogs to frontline, recommending it over advantage. But now the fleas I think are becoming immune to that. Its so frustrating. I HATE FLEAS!! I have kids too, so they really make me mad.

Yes they all have expire dates, I would bomb ur house. If u have fleas at ur shop u can bring home with u. or if u take ur dogs to the shop they can bring them home. good luck

QUOTE=ejmj30;69467]Does Frontline Plus lose it's potency or expire? All three of my dogs have Frontline, and all three have been bathed 2 weeks later and I have found fleas on them. Not tons, but enough to send my one sensitive boy into a scratching frenzy. I find maybe 1-3 fleas on each when I bathe them. What's going on? I've discovered it doesn't repel the fleas, just kills them, but are there that many fleas out there that they keep jumping on my dogs? I bomb my shop regularly, so it can't be from there, and my house I would think I'd be getting bit too, but maybe not? Could I have fleas in the house even though all our animals are frontlined??? I'm beginning to get desperate. Please help![/QUOTE]

everyone is having the same problem! There is something wrong!

Is there something we can do? Return to frontline or something. My dog is chewing himself bloody in some spots. I waited for a week after the frontline to see if that would solve it but nothing, I've been trying Neem spray for this past week and still nothing. Then I found a flea on him and it's like I've got to start all over again. This makes me mad.
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.
    [url]www.LittleShopOfHowlers.com[/url]

Hissy Fit

I have had the problem and so have many of my customers and we all get it from different sources. A girl today took her dog to the vet. He gave her some spray, her dad sprayed the yard over the weekend and the dog with something then she comes to me for it to be shaved. She mentions all this too me and that they just put the frontline on last week. So I use Quadrupped Flea and Tic Shampoo that usually makes them drop dead instantly and after the grooming I find 2 more fleas......... I don't get it but there is something with the fleas themselves that nothing is killing them. I am going to call the makers of Frontline tomorrow but I know what they will tell me.

If the frontline is expired, contact merial directly, they will refund or replace the frontline , also will probably reimburse you for any flea treatments you may need to do to your house and pets. But you will need to send them the box with the expiration date or left over tubes. They are a pretty good company to deal with. ( you could also call the vet or where ever you got it from and let them do the contacting of the merial rep.

Exclamation Everyone is saying the same thing

I don't know if fleas can build resistance like bacteria or if someone sold frontlilne is just putting water in their capsules, but something is not right. ALL...I mean ALL of my customers who use Frontline are asking me what is wrong. I simply tell them I don't know, but I do know something is wrong and recommend for them to buy another brand. Fleas are out of control now. I have three poodle pups who have never touched the ground and they were covered in fleas. My husband is an avid four-wheeler fanatic and brought them back on his clothes. I know that sounds weird since I'm the groomer, but we were sitting on the couch and the bottom of his legs and socks were covered with fleas. I didn't have any on me. He must have gone through a little infestation or something.

Frontline if you're reading this...get it together. You are making my job a lot more difficult. I've had my hands in flea/tick shampoo constantly for weeks.

Agree

Yes, we here in Texas have the same problem. The vet told me it is because of all the rain and moisture we had this year, what was unusual.
    Okay I had the same problem with my own dogs. I have 4, 3 Papillons and a Border Collie. THey were all on Frontline plus and I also bath 'em once a month (with a flea shampoo if I have to). But I noticed itching. So when I bathed them I found fleas, maybe 3 or 5. I was wondering and I treated the yard and I wash the doggie beds every week. Then one of my customers told me she has her dogs on REvolution and they never have fleas. In the meantime one of my little ones was scratching herself to sleep at night. She delivered a flea bite dermatitis. On flea is enough to get it. so I found a website where all the medicine is cheaper then from the vet. Now they are on Revolution what is for fleas, ticks, mosquitos, earmites and heartworm prevention. They never had a flea again. And my little one stopped scratching. The pack for a 6 month treatment cost on the website between 53 and 58 Dollar. It is worth it for me.

Over several years fleas do become resistant to insecticides. The baby fleas they produce also have the same resistance, and pretty soon your local population of fleas are all resistant. Then you have to move on to something else.

I've given up on Frontline for my boys. Advantage isn't working well anymore, either. And Neem? Might just as well spray 'em with water. The only thing that's working for me right now is Adam's plus with an insect growth regulator. It's not a spot on, you do need to reapply it more often, but it kills the fleas and keeps them off.

The most important thing is the insect growth regulator. If you don't use one of those, you're fighting a never ending battle.

Ugh, please after someone calls, let me know what they said, LOL. I thought about calling, but just figured I would get a stupid run around. You know, its not just the frontline people either. I mean sure, that was supposed to be the preventative stuff, and it failed, but then I used house and yard spray and all that. The only thing I didnt do was bomb the house, but I sprayed everything and under everything, not just once either. I sprayed the daylights out of this place for a few days a week and for a couple weeks. And still EVERY DAY I am finding a flea, not alot of fleas just like one a day, maybe 2. But still, its enough to drive a woman to drink, LOL. Seriously though, let us know what they say, cuz I for one am going nuts. I thought it was my fault somehow for not taking care to try to prevent it enough even though I keep frontline on my pets and apply it every month. Its just aggravating. Thanks. I am kinda glad I am not the only one having troubles though.

Default Ah I thought so too!

While I have not had a problem with Fleas or ticks since moving to Germany (thank goodness) I was lied too!!!

A Vet in Virginia i first went to asked the distributor infront of me and he said NO! front line has no expiredate!!! Hate it when I get lied too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast