Thread: Tesla Batteries

Default Tesla Batteries

Yea baby. With 6 years under our belt with this battery bank Im starting to see fluctuations in the strings. I think I will have to sunset the setup as the end is in sight. That being said, Im starting to think about specing a new setup. So Ive been watching the LiPo world and we may be close. If I can eek out one more year, I may make a generational change. Tesla announced a battery for your home. Take a look at this and immagine everywhere he says "Home" you think mobile grooming setup.

http://www.teslamotors.com/powerwall

watch the vid

Quote Originally Posted by wbeatty View Post
    Yea baby. With 6 years under our belt with this battery bank Im starting to see fluctuations in the strings. I think I will have to sunset the setup as the end is in sight. That being said, Im starting to think about specing a new setup. So Ive been watching the LiPo world and we may be close. If I can eek out one more year, I may make a generational change. Tesla announced a battery for your home. Take a look at this and immagine everywhere he says "Home" you think mobile grooming setup.

http://www.teslamotors.com/powerwall

watch the vid
    Watched this closely myself.

Agreed- If you can nurse another year out of your setup you'll be in good shape.
    The inverter charger companies will have charging profiles tested out and you can just go back to work.

looking forward to seeing your awesome setup when you do flip!

UD

I would love to have a Tesla and to see what mobile groomers do with their tech too.

Wow those $3,500 Tesla Powerwall batteries for home are exciting and what they could do for mobilers!!

Quote Originally Posted by TootsiePie View Post
    Wow those $3,500 Tesla Powerwall batteries for home are exciting and what they could do for mobilers!!
    When you look at the spec you'll note they don't include or make (yet) the inverter that makes all the magical hour/ rate or best cost based switching occur.

This means that at the moment these are just batteries and a fancy presentation.

You can get batteries from multiple sources and with Lipos starting to become popular there are all kinds of next gen batteries out there, but without a matching battery sensing heuristic logic based "smart" inverter the presentation is just a good idea.

You can do all that stuff semi automatically or manually today.

A really good idea, but no magic bullet for a grooming application - yet.

UD
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 05-04-15 at 08:33 AM.

But UD it would be great for you to be give us the first great application!

There are going to be Tesla commercial vehicles that could be grooming vans even. They are already working on big rigs too. The power is great, these are not slow poke cars. Interesting future. No wonder some countries in 2 decades will not allow new gas powered cars.

I have several couples I know with deposits on the new Tesla and hope for 2018 year end latest delivery. They are building out many charging stations in our area in 2018. Takes about 40 minutes.

I saw the big rig in the news today! It is coming fast. Easily we are seeing the future of mobile groomers.

Me too, pretty awesome changes are starting to appear.