Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DIY coasters? Must look for those.

I just picked my top 20 clients the last two Christmases. The first year I gave them a post card with a picture of their dog/dogs and it said Merry Christmas, thank you for your business. I included one free teeth brushing coupon. They loved it. The second year, top 20 clients again, I gave each dog a plush toy wrapped in a blanket and one chicken jerky treat. It was all bundled together and tied with a ribbon. They loved it. You can purchase plush dog toys at the online dollar tree for $1 per toy. For the blanket I purchased material from Joanne fabrics and cut out blanket sizes with a pair of pinking shears. I'm thinking about maybe a dog cake recipe with a ceramic bakery mini loaf pan, $1 each for Christmas 2017.

A good way to deal with those who don't celebrate Christmas is by saying its seasonal scents/gifts what ever, so even if you do celebrate the holidays you won't accidently offend any one who doesn't.

I don't celebrate Halloween , Christmas or what ever and when I worked I corporate I had to sell the holiday spa packages and while I didn't feel comfortable with saying they were ( insert holiday of choice) because it made me feel like I was celebrating when I wasn't so I compromised by saying they were seasonal spa for autumn winter spring summer and clients who didn't celebrate were given other bandana options to choose from which the clients appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    A good way to deal with those who don't celebrate Christmas is by saying its seasonal scents/gifts what ever, so even if you do celebrate the holidays you won't accidently offend any one who doesn't.

I don't celebrate Halloween , Christmas or what ever and when I worked I corporate I had to sell the holiday spa packages and while I didn't feel comfortable with saying they were ( insert holiday of choice) because it made me feel like I was celebrating when I wasn't so I compromised by saying they were seasonal spa for autumn winter spring summer and clients who didn't celebrate were given other bandana options to choose from which the clients appreciated.
    We don't celebrate in a traditional way; so we do offer autumn banadanas as well as Halloween and keep those out for Thanksgiving time as well. We keep winter themed patterns out as well as Christmas and Hanukkah, and through March or later the winter themes are out. When Easter arrives, we do Spring patterns and colors and so on and so forth.
    We don't put them on the dogs; we hang as a display and encourage people to choose one of their liking based on their size.
    We've done everything from toys to calendars to cookies to whatever, but our best reception seems to be those pocket style calendars with plenty of writing space per-day.
    We buy chunks of fleece in bright colors, cut them in wide strips, braid them, knot the ends and give them away as supervised tug toys. Inexpensive for us and most dogs (my own included) love them; even my non-tugging dogs seem to like dragging them about the house =) My agility dogs go nuts for those fleece braided-style leashes that double as toys so I figured why not.

Timely to bring back this thread. I am wondering myself this year what to do. I have done boxes of candy with a fun dog wrap.

One year I got my best clients the Hershey chocolate items that they customize with customer names or ?? whatever you say. They loved that, the rest go basic fun things from the Hershey Christmas collection you don't see in stores.

That is a nice idea with customized chocolates, I checked it out online. One year we made a pen and ink holiday card for our top customers, about 100, The printer printed all the same cards but we saved some coat hairs in plastic baggies from each of their pets and glued some on the dog drawings on the cards and added a little glitter. They loved it when they saw it was their pet's coat.

Quote Originally Posted by absolutebichon View Post
    That is a nice idea with customized chocolates, I checked it out online. One year we made a pen and ink holiday card for our top customers, about 100, The printer printed all the same cards but we saved some coat hairs in plastic baggies from each of their pets and glued some on the dog drawings on the cards and added a little glitter. They loved it when they saw it was their pet's coat.
    Oh I may have to do this for some special clients, they would go wild for cards with their dogs fur on it.

That is a wonderful idea.

I have seen some put pet hair into a clear ornament for a christmas tree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2