LOL Pink Doubling sales of add-on's and it's working (even Greek Yogurt)

I have many posts in past about my add-ons as I wanted to phase out or greatly limit something blueberry facials. I still sell those but wanted new features. Doing quite well with Madramore Muds and now Greek Yogurt special for fun and yet special coat problems only.

So the key to doubling the sales so easily is turning out to be THIS.

"Mommy needs to get in on the spa service too." In other words something for the pet, something for the owner. Here is my latest example.

$8 up: A blend of Strawberry and Pomegrante Greek Yogurt shampoo for the pet. When the owner (usually a "mommy's baby type I love so much") returns I hand the owner a small confection bag of goodies including 2 Pomegrante/Strawberry tea bags, and 2 chocolates (strawberry filled). Mommy is having as much fun as her pet smelling so good of the fruity fragrances and a chocolate delight. THEY LOVE IT.

$8 up: Madramor Mud - choice of mud for the pet. Owner gets a confection bag with "sorta muddy looking" chocolate nut butter brickle.

$8 up: Blueberry Facial - Facial for the pet and the owner gets a confection bag with blueberry hard candy sticks, and a blueberry votive candle.

LOL they love it, we laugh and smile and I think many will come back more often. Testing it all but my sales in last 30 days of addons are way up by adding the gift bag for the owner!

WTF why haven't I thought of this. Brilliant for salons and spas. Love that mud brickle! I know clients that would go for this big time and laugh and tell their friends. I love it!

I do blueberry facials and will try this new route. I am trying to figure out something chocolate for February as Valentines month.

Excellent concept for a pet spa. It could really work well for some clienteles. Keep us informed.

Quote Originally Posted by absolutebichon View Post
    I have many posts in past about my add-ons as I wanted to phase out or greatly limit something blueberry facials. I still sell those but wanted new features. Doing quite well with Madramore Muds and now Greek Yogurt special for fun and yet special coat problems only.

So the key to doubling the sales so easily is turning out to be THIS.

"Mommy needs to get in on the spa service too." In other words something for the pet, something for the owner. Here is my latest example.

$8 up: A blend of Strawberry and Pomegrante Greek Yogurt shampoo for the pet. When the owner (usually a "mommy's baby type I love so much") returns I hand the owner a small confection bag of goodies including 2 Pomegrante/Strawberry tea bags, and 2 chocolates (strawberry filled). Mommy is having as much fun as her pet smelling so good of the fruity fragrances and a chocolate delight. THEY LOVE IT.

$8 up: Madramor Mud - choice of mud for the pet. Owner gets a confection bag with "sorta muddy looking" chocolate nut butter brickle.

$8 up: Blueberry Facial - Facial for the pet and the owner gets a confection bag with blueberry hard candy sticks, and a blueberry votive candle.

LOL they love it, we laugh and smile and I think many will come back more often. Testing it all but my sales in last 30 days of addons are way up by adding the gift bag for the owner!
    Absolutely Brilliant should be your screen name!!! What a great idea. So going to have to try this. Thanks!
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Furry View Post
    Absolutely Brilliant should be your screen name!!! What a great idea. So going to have to try this. Thanks!
    What a surprise to see this thread up again. You are sweet! We have never let go of this practice, IT WORKS. Get their Mom or Dad involved in the add-on. So simple and we do not promote the sharing, it's a surprise when they come back. We change it sometimes but it does relate to the add-on theme. I know many give blueberry facial away but ours come with a pet massage allotment of time without selling it as such. I recently mentioned we did around 400 mud baths last year, perhaps this is why. We now offer a Rocky Road and/or nutty brickle treats for Mom or Dad are popular. We all LOL and that really bonds them to the goodness and the health benefits of the treatments.

We bring in occasionally a pro pet masseuse and she has her regulars, it takes time to build up that clientele, but we do the grooms, she does the massage. We give "mom or dad" get a herbal scented candle for home and little vial of lavender essential oil or bath flakes, encouraging them to share in their dog's relaxing experience with a good tub soak using the lavender bath oil or flakes, and to light the candle ahead of time in the bath room closing the door to concentrate the fragrance and ambiance. I TELL YOU THE LADIES LOVE THIS. It costs us about $3 or $4. We buy these things in bulk at a great price.

I know for years that one of the best things for tired sore groomer bodies is magnesium. Taking magnesium orally is about worthless. Soaking in magnesium is not only detoxing but amazing for body pains. You want your magnesium from skin applications, like soaking in a tub, or get magnesium oil (which is really not oil but a heavy water) and cover your butt checks. Our brains love magnesium too, like I said food and pill formats barely get absorbed.

We are testing prill beads https://www.amazon.com/TransDerma-Pr...ds=prill+beads

https://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions...hypomagnesemia As you can see PetMD encourages magnesium supplementation for dogs. So you can make a magnesium rinse water using prill beads. I am ONLY treating my dogs as they get older with arthritis it may be helping. Truly for humans with body aches try regular magnesium baths....you hear about those healing waters of famous spas? What do you think is in those waters? Often rich in magnesium.

OMG such great ideas. I would like to have a tiny salon for 2. One for women's hairstylist and the other for their dogs or cats with teamed groomer. Can you imagine.