Wink Pink Don't make him look like a poodle!

I groom this cute little old shih-tzu, who gets clean face and clean feet. But heaven forbid I leave the top of his head too fluffy, because it "makes him look like a poodle!" according to the Mom.

People are ridiculous, they really are!! How does a shih tzu look like a poodle at all??? They don't even have the same shape of head.

Ppl can be just tooo silly. Just shave that cute lil head too.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Especially with all the poo mixes ! It's half poodle. It just might resemble one. After shaving down a big matted mess , and listening to the owners go on and on about "you made him look like a poodle". I asked if they had ever seen a Labrador because since their dog was now smooth coated and so were labs. I think I made it look more like a lab ! At one point I had magazine photos of poodles , goldens and labs and would show them to people.Shaggy = poodle short hair hair = Lab / golden. Some got it others not so much. "you can't fix stupid. "

At least, it's a shih tzu. More fun when they ask that you don't make their poodle look like a poodle.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Exactly Karla! We get that way too often with Poodles and Poodle mixes, including Doodles. We always say, after the customer leaves, "If you don't want it to look like a Poodle, DON'T BUY A POODLE!

Oh yes when they say they don't want them to look like a Poodle we avoid Poodle feeties and think more of lamb style, bichon and full tail. That usually does it.