Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

We give each client a pet report card at the end of each grooming. One of our groomers was often short and to the point and a poor speller to boot. Instead of saying that she found pus-filled (pus-y)sores on the dog, she wrote, "I found some p*ssy sores on your dog". Luckily I caught it before it was handed to the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshmallowPie View Post
    We give each client a pet report card at the end of each grooming. One of our groomers was often short and to the point and a poor speller to boot. Instead of saying that she found pus-filled (pus-y)sores on the dog, she wrote, "I found some p*ssy sores on your dog". Luckily I caught it before it was handed to the customer.
    One of my groomers is similar and bullet forms her notes.

I caught one that said
    "Dog has plague." Instead of "Dog has plaque"! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Moo View Post
    One of my groomers is similar and bullet forms her notes.

I caught one that said
    "Dog has plague." Instead of "Dog has plaque"! LOL!
    I worked with a bunch of girls that couldn't spell/ write very well when I was at corp. Every time they would make report cards I'd find something misspelled and very embarrassing. Sometimes I'd catch it before it made it to the customer and other times the owners would leave the report cards with the cashier at the front when they checked out saying they were offended and to please make sure the groomers know how to spell With most of them english was their second language. With the rest they just didnt care.

Goodness, in 43 yrs there is A LOT of those embarrassing times!!!! When I was working at a Vet's office I was meeting a dog out front in the office area, the dog ran in and starting humping my leg.. I looked up and said " oh, good he likes me!!"
    Just last week ( I had ham & beans the night before) I was sitting at my desk as a customer wanted to see a calendar to make sure of the dates, as I got up and reached for the wall calendar, I let go of some HUGE air... all I could do was to say "SORRY"... couldn't even blame the dog!!!

1. One of our super picky customers had just dropped her dog of and given me her list of instructions when a girl walked in with a chihuahua nail trim. I told the picky customer I'd call her when her dog was ready and she left. I was grinding the chi's nails and the owner was waiting at the counter when picky customer walks back in an announces, "Oh and by the way, don't forget to leave the hair on the end of his business. I don't want to have to see his meat." Then she turned around and walked out. Most awkward nail trim ever.

2. I was ringing up a lady that was probably in her early 60's. She asked about the tattoo on my chest, which you could just barely see the corner of under my smock. I show it to her since it's right below my collar bone all I had to do was move my smock collar to the side a little. She the proceeded to pull her shirt almost all the way off and her bra down to show me her tattoo. The bather walked up front at that exact moment with her dog and burst out laughing while I was just standing there in shock. Lesson learned. I wore my smock zipped up to my neck for a month.

I surprisingly don't have a lot of these.

Once we were in the middle of chatting and I had my back to the door and just as I said FART really loud I noticed a customer had come in. Was a bit embarrassing.

Another time I had groomed a big hairy dog that had lost an unbelievable amount of hair and I said to the customers that we could have made a new dog out of the hair. Then one of my groomers at the back must not have heard me and said the exact same joke, then looked all confused when they didn't laugh. I had to tell him after that I'd already said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriusly View Post
    1. One of our super picky customers had just dropped her dog of and given me her list of instructions when a girl walked in with a chihuahua nail trim. I told the picky customer I'd call her when her dog was ready and she left. I was grinding the chi's nails and the owner was waiting at the counter when picky customer walks back in an announces, "Oh and by the way, don't forget to leave the hair on the end of his business. I don't want to have to see his meat." Then she turned around and walked out. Most awkward nail trim ever.

2. I was ringing up a lady that was probably in her early 60's. She asked about the tattoo on my chest, which you could just barely see the corner of under my smock. I show it to her since it's right below my collar bone all I had to do was move my smock collar to the side a little. She the proceeded to pull her shirt almost all the way off and her bra down to show me her tattoo. The bather walked up front at that exact moment with her dog and burst out laughing while I was just standing there in shock. Lesson learned. I wore my smock zipped up to my neck for a month.
    Haha, I had something like that happen once. I was working retail and was closing up with one other employee. Somehow the topic of piercings came up. Without warning, she unzipped her pants and showed me her 'favorite' piercing! It was really awkward--what the heck do you say to that?

I was checking in a dog up front and speaking with owner about what he wanted done, in the middle of conversation, the dog walks up to his owner and hikes his leg. I immediately notice, and interrupted the guy (he seemed at little irritated at me) until he realized his pants cuff and shoe were soaked. Red faced he hands me the leash and walked out before I could get him a paper towel. At least I waited until he left to crack up

ok I posted this one a long time ago... but still is the most embarssing thing... actually after this happened about a month later the customer said to me so you havent changed your name yet and I sort of looked at him sideways and he said yes it should be Fred's A flyin... instead of Fur's A Flyin

Here's the story.. These particular customers are ones that you love to say they are yours (very wealthy family and you would recognize the name instantly) wont say who :} I started grooming for them last season they have a smaller dog and a lab puppy they had just gotten not to long before I started grooming for them. No one could do the puppies nails without it howling... ( long story short I worked with him and they love me ). They also started recommending me to their friends and I have picked up some other great customers.

First groom for this season everything went wonderful dogs were happy, owners were happy and I was feeling good ! BTW I am mobile and pull a 14' Gryphon behind a big pickup truck...

As I am pulling out ( driveway is very narrow) Mr ?? comes riding in on his bike ( its a recumbent the type that has three wheels and you sit ) and I start pulling over as much as I can. We talk for a couple of mins and he says its great I get to bond with the dogs again... I am all smiles by now and say goodbye see you in a couple weeks and he starts peddling on and says its clear.. So I start going forward and I hear something at the same time I look in the side mirror I see his bike is stuck underneath my back fender and its on its side with him it!!!!!!. I jump out of the truck and run back as he is getting up, of course I am like OMG are you ok... He is one of the nicest people.. he said I am fine as he is pulling the bike out from my fender and one of the front wheels is twisted and is ruined. He started saying he would have his bike guy look at it. I told him no and put it in my pickup..

Ok here is the saving grace. The bike he has he bought last years right before I started grooming for him is from my brother inlaws bike shop the only one is south Florida that has them in stock... I found this out and had thought what a small world but boy did that work in my favor... Needless to say I took the bike right to his shop... even thou its 1.5 hours away.

On the way to they shop their assistant calls she is who hired me... I answer phone and she says I here you ran over Mr ?? and she is laughing, I told here I tried to call her right after but it went to voice mail, and then asked he is OK right ??!! She says other then the missing leg he is doing fine he asked me to call you to get brother in laws number so that while its getting fixed he could get some upgrades done that hes been wanting...

I am So lucky this went this way and happy that I have some really great customers..

Ps: I will never live this down...between my smart ass brother - who is doing ride alongs for his intership, my husband who has sent me a text ( note to self... Do not run over my customers) my brother inlaw who owns the bike shop and took pictures as soon as I got there......

Quote Originally Posted by OntheBRINKofDisaster View Post
    Beings new meaning to the term "Puppyfluffer".
    Ummmm.....
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
    Ummmm.....
    Welcome back, darling!!!
    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Oh, one of my groomers started dancing and loudly singing "I don't need a man", not realizing that the bather and a customer were knelt down behind the counter checking in a dog.

One of my groomers answered the phone "Hello, thanks for calling XXX, this is XXX smoking."

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast