Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Can't say I've had any embarrassing grooming situations, but this was the most embarrassing situation I may ever have been in. This was when I worked as a vet tech.

You all think YOU'RE dog gropers? Well check this.

Two chocolate labs come in. Need to do an AI, dogs can't seem to breed naturally. I'm sent in the room to 'collect' the male. OK no big deal, I do it all the time. The entire family is in there and they want to watch how it's done. Oh yes, there was nothing I could do the convince them to leave, so there I was 'collecting' their dog everyone bent over upside down watching me. Thank GOD it wasn't in the day of cell phones and video tapes or I'm sure I'd be a youtube star.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    Can't say I've had any embarrassing grooming situations, but this was the most embarrassing situation I may ever have been in. This was when I worked as a vet tech.

Two chocolate labs come in. Need to do an AI, dogs can't seem to breed naturally. I'm sent in the room to 'collect' the male. OK no big deal, I do it all the time. The entire family is in there and they want to watch how it's done. Oh yes, there was nothing I could do the convince them to leave, so there I was 'collecting' their dog everyone bent over upside down watching me. Thank GOD it wasn't in the day of cell phones and video tapes or I'm sure I'd be a youtube star.
    hahaha yup! I've had several customers ask me about AI. How do you explain you jerk the dog off and stick the sperm in the female? wow awkward conversation!!! Would hate to have a witness to it lol sorry Cockerlvr! You are lucky there were no cam phones! Hard enough to "collect" one on one without an audience. lol. wow.

This happened about 15 or so years ago. I had a client in her early to mid 40's that only brought her dog about every 4 or 5 mths. Can't remember her name or what kind of dog she had now. I do remember however, that when she came to pickup the dog one day I looked at her as she was giving me the $$ & said, "Are you pregnant?". She looked back at me & just said,"No". I was mortified!! She had a big belly that wasn't there before & she hadn't gained weight anywhere else!!! OMG! I didn't think I could ever face her again. I did, but it wasn't easy. Lesson learned. NEVER ask that question, let them bring it up!!

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post

Beings new meaning to the term "Puppyfluffer".
    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by OntheBRINKofDisaster View Post
    Beings new meaning to the term "Puppyfluffer".
    Omg I'm gonna die. I may never get that image out of my head!! ROFLMAO

Honestly? More things than I can count. As a group? We could write a book.

I am loud. My shop is loud. My team of groomers are loud. We yell, exchange banter, we dance, and I sing NON STOP, mostly Disney & 80's tunes, but anything will do.

Last week, I was looking at the list of dogs that were checked in. I saw a dog that I recognized (we've groomed him for five years) on one of the girl's tables, but didn't see his name on the list. Turns out the parents split up, so his last name changed. I yelled "WHAT! FARLEY'S LAST NAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE XXXXXX!!!??? WHY IS IT [THIS]!?" Turned around, and the mom was standing in the doorway. LOL

I have a little bichon mix I groom whose name is Pua'nani which means pretty flower. Left a nice little message on their answering machine reminding them of Punani's appt the day before. Talk about red in the face embarrassed after I hung up, because it was a land line phone so I couldn't delete and try again. The owner thought it would be funny when she came in to tell me "Pu**y is here for her grooming" I about died!!!

We had a dog who was an aggressive humper. I mean seriously, that dog was REALLY STRONG, and humped everything, everybody. If you were walking him on a leash, he would grab the first person you passed and hump them. Somebody would have to physically pry him arms off. He was so hard to groom, because he would grab your hand while scissoring, and hump you. Did I mention, he was strong.

Finally one of my groomers got fed up with him and she got the honors of explaining this problem to the parents. She was so insistent that she was going to do this, then they showed up to pick up and had an eight year old with them. Hahah. She says "Um... He keeps trying to impregnate everybody... and everything. Non-stop."

lmao i think cockerlovers AI story has taken the cake right now!!!!!!

8)

Hound

My worst moment... I came in from lunch, I began grooming a dog that was already checked in for me. A pika mix that was getting a 7 a/o. as I was doing this dog a lady comes in to watch us all groom. Another man comes in to pick up his dog. While he was waiting he say quite loudly, "MAN! THAT IS ONE UGLY DOG!" Referring to my dog I look up at him and back at the dog and I say. "Yes; yes it is." There was a moment of silence and then the man turns to the lady in the room and says. " I hope that's not your dog..." She says "Yes; yes it is." I panic and begin to apologize out my arse. Then she says "Its ok he really is kinda ugly. But we love him anyway" needless to say I felt horrible!

I certainly hope someone... SOMEONE will be keeping this thread and collecting it all to put into a book... Id LOVE to have such a thing in my reception area!!!

(at this salon alone... I cant list the ones from my other places - to many to list)

1. large Norwegian Elkhound, lived outdoors, comes in once a year for B&B, my husband is helping my second groomer list the dog up on the table - there is this EXTREMELY LOUD flatualece noise (you all know what Im talking about)... second groomer immediately turns beet red.. my husband begins the very rapid response "it wasnt me!!" I just about fell over laughing so hard... dog kept it up the whole groom.

2. hire a new bather, slightly naive thing, young girl who loves little dogs... she is bathing this wonderful St. Bern... gets him on to the drying table (we have a very large table attached to the tubs, large enough many of the girls just climb up & sit with the dogs... it is in the corner of the room).. french doors between grooming & bathing room. I hear her keep saying (in a wierd calm but slooooow voice) NO, stop it.. so I look through the glass... I cant move... IM stuck to the ground caught between laughing & shock that she is so calmly saying no... this St. Bern had very lovingly used his paws & legs to keep moving her in front of him & was humping in the air above her...

3. younger groomer working for us, grooming an intact shih tzu male... very happy dog, he keeps humping her arm & 'licking her face'... she thinks he is just begging for attention.. he 'ends' him happy attack & she looks shocked & scared.. she actually thought she might have nicked a sebaceous cyst & it drained on her arm while she was false skirting him... try explaining that birds & bees situation to a young girl!!

4. I had gone back to help one of the bathers lift a dog into the tub (didnt like the stairs) I took the back end being he had hip issues... OK... the front door chime goes off so I go up front to check in another customer... they are standing there trying to answer my questions (it is a new customer) BUT they keep screwing up their face! ( Im not sure why they are acting so strange) I get the dog and as Im walking back to put it in a stall I pass by a station mirror.... seems I had glands in my hair & the customers could not only smell it but see it too.

All I can say is yuk to #4 RPS and I can relate, lol. Boss asked my for assistance w/ anal glands on a shih Tzu, they were somewhat impacted, and when they cut loose, it ended up in my hair, face, neck, and clothing. To say the least I stood right there and stripped, and washed my hair with dog shampoo. Had to condition because my hair turned into a giant bird nest in the process. Boss went and found me another shirt- to this day I really don't care whose shirt it was

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast