Default mohawk on a shih tzu

Hello all i was asked today to do a mohawk on a sish tzu . any suggestions ?/

I just did a mohawk on a a shihpoo a couple days ago. Sorry I wasn't able to get a pic but I did a #4 ss wahl comb on the body (the purple one) so I used the same on either side of the mohawk to set it and blended down into the cheeks. I used the inner corners of the eyes as a guide for the width. Trim the top of the mohawk with fine thinners pretty short- about 1 1/2 at most. Then take the thinners and place them close to the head along the mohawk. Make one or two snips just removing some bulk from the base. Then you can use a little spray to hold it in place. I used Thick N Thicker and it worked great.
    I hope this helps. I love mohawks. I wish I got to do more of them.

I have a shih who comes in for a shave down. She gets his face/head/ ears in a 10 and leaves a hawk on the top of the head (then gets it dyed and sprayed with glitter) I'm trying to locate the picture but cant find it. She likes it spiked with gel too. He's a pretty nasty shih with a nasty face so the 10 is for the best.

My fav way to get lines straight use the comb to set your lines and shave or Scissor.

Sorry, accidentally submitted before I was done...

I did leave the hawk longer. But I'm allowed to do whatever on this dog. I did use isle of dogs thicken to help it stand up.

Like in Itaz's picts take the cheeks short, shave the ears (or do bedlington ears) and look at the last pict...its almost like you are gonna be doing a snz eyebrow without taking out the middle. Kinda try to make a triangle of sorts from the outside edges of the eyes to the nose. Trim the eyelashes and all that and make a triangle and just work with the hair to see what it will and wont do. Use your thinners to blend up the sides of the dog. Uh...I see all kinds of angles and stuff when i groom so it is soooo hard to explain. I also use alot of Isle of Dog products and I also will use stand shampoo and the 4control spray. Good luck...I love hawks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ItzaClip! View Post
    My fav way to get lines straight use the comb to set your lines and shave or Scissor.
    Do you set the comb where you want the lines to be and clip up against it? Or just use the comb to keep all the hair out of the way while you set the line?

Everyone's suggestions are good I used to do one on my shih tzu/poo for a while, but his hair doesn't stand up very well anymore for some reason, and I honestly don't care enough to use product. I've done it on other dogs too, and some of them their hair didn't stand up. I was working at a corp store, and so we weren't allowed to used product, so then I would rubberband it up making small pony tails. Just an idea in case you can't use product.

Quote Originally Posted by plaidjaguar View Post
    Do you set the comb where you want the lines to be and clip up against it? Or just use the comb to keep all the hair out of the way while you set the line?
    I use comb to set line and clip either with or against depending on hair. This was with grain.