Nestled inbetween the mountains & reality

Nausea can you get sick (cold/flu) from a dog?

Like if the owner was sick and had been breathing/coughing on the dog and then you groom the dog... could the dogs coat have the cold/flu bug on it? I know weird.
    Last edited by Skunk'd; 02-18-13 at 01:48 PM.

I would say yes, because you can catch an illness by touching a surface that the sick person touched and then touching your face.

I always felt that the answer is YES!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Most of the time the cold/flu bugs die fairly quickly once they are out of the host. I wouldn't worry about it much, unless the owner coughed directly on the dog, you touched where they coughed and then you touched your mouth or nose... so it'd take the right combination of events to catch a bug via a dog as surface vessel.

I'd think it would be ten times more likely to catch it from being near the owner who is breathing, coughing or sneezing in your air space. When I take a dog from a owner who is sick and wheezing, I swear, I want to wear a hazmat suit. Give me the filthiest dog ever, but ewww, people.

LOL Pink

totally - when you're out walking them in the cold and rain

lol lol lol
    If you prick us, do we not bleed? -w.m. Shakespeare

This explains how long every virus can live outside the body..... http://liambean.hubpages.com/hub/How...o-Viruses-Live

Besides inhaling droplets, the worst you can do is touch something that has been exposed within 1 day for a cold, 2 days for a flu and rub your eyes, nose, and maybe mouth (although new research says mouth is not that common.)

And how many of us rub our eyes, scratch our noses when grooming? A lot of us would be my guess.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Default can you get sick (cold/flu) from a dog?

Everyone at my work is sick right now. Maybe one of the dogs is a Typhoid Fluffy! Lol

Seriously though, I never really thought about this. I keep a fresh towel at my station for wiping my face during grooming, I wonder if that helps at all? I hope so! I hate being sick!