Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Web-based appointment book?

I am a 1 groomer show, and I do housecalls.

I have looked at all the big ones, pet123, etc. I REALLY LIKE the Store Vantage one, but not at $25 a month.

Currently I keep info and notes on my iphone for each customer but I'd like a web based database for info and booking.

Any suggestions for a free one, or one that I can pay a flat fee for and not monthly?

I use the calendar on my Mac.

Emma, does the calendar app allow you to keep records for clients? (Grooming history)

You can also use dropbox and combine it with a customer excel sheet, or something like that. With a dropbox account set up on both the computer and phone, you can view and edit the files from both places. I use excel and dropbox combined with google calendar.

We use the address book for all the client & dog info including notes from each visit. I put all my personal contacts into one group so when I look at my contacts on the iphone, I don't have my clients mixed in. Or the opposite, you could just look at your clients without everyone else mixed in. The mac calendar is so much easier than 123pet for us (2 mobile groomers).

I have a Mac laptop but a Blackberry phone, which isn't too efficient, but I set up the mac calendar to email me reminders, so the info pops up on the email in my phone.

I use iCal on iPhone and use exchange to sync it with gcal. (gmail's calendar) I also have my contacts on the iPhone sync with gmail contacts. This way I don't have to worry about losing any info if I lose my phone. I could use iCloud but I have a windows pc and started with gmail before I had an iPhone. I may use iCloud someday.

In contacts, I use the optional "notes" field in contacts for grooming notes. I use "department" for price, "title" for breed, "company" for name of dog.

I can't do serious reports but can search appointments on gmail and get a good amount of information.

I have been interested in storevantage and appointments-plus but haven't been completely sold on either. I have been waiting for mobile phone apps since I do house calls exclusively.

I am going to look into using Dropbox with excel files as someone mentioned. So far, I only use Dropbox for uploading photos.

Thank you for the Dropbox suggestion! Thanks to all the replies as well.

My new employer signed p for StoreVantage when I signed on, the trial period was fabulous and people starting booking through our website almost immediately. But now that we have rolled over into paid subscriptions, we are both getting a bit fed up. It constantly changes the breed of dogs currently in the system (apparently SV feels that the only breeds left in the world are shorkies, cavashons, and doodles. the prospect of a future world like that terrifies me, hah.) and the form for entering pet info/groom instructions is cheapy, basic, and in general its ****. so it has its bugs to still be worked out but the outreach potential and convenience for customers is much better than any other program I have used thus far. We are planning to call them and discuss the bugs in the system and are hoping that as the website grows, it will better meet our needs because really it is useful. and, personally, I think the monthly rate is a killer deal.

I use Genbook.com love it. It is now about $20 a month, I just put that on my credit card & its a tax deduction at the end of the yr. I was able to get in a few yrs ago at $15 & i seem to be locked or godfathered in or something as they haven't upped my price, no complaints here lol. I have it set up so my clients can book an appt through my website. I have a handful that do that so it pays for itself when they can book at what ever time of day they want without having to call me. I just have to make sure to block out the times I need between grooms etc. I thought about trying other places but I just came back to genbook.

Shannon
    The Soapy Puppy mobile

I use clickbook.net its free and love it. I have it on my website but they have a mobile version too and from what I read you do not need a website.

Thanks, I will check out click book tonight!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast