Waah Tank less water heater?

I have one and I cannot keep a constant water temp. It goes all the way hot and then if I go towards cold it just goes ice cold. I called a local RV store and they said that they are no good for mobile grooming or even RV's. The guy said I better off installing a standard water heater to the tune of about $1000 bucks! Does anyone out there have a tank less water heater that works for them?

Quote Originally Posted by GentleHands View Post
    I have one and I cannot keep a constant water temp. It goes all the way hot and then if I go towards cold it just goes ice cold. I called a local RV store and they said that they are no good for mobile grooming or even RV's. The guy said I better off installing a standard water heater to the tune of about $1000 bucks! Does anyone out there have a tank less water heater that works for them?

I tried tankless, but the water pump I was using was pushing the water through too fast so it didn't have time to heat up. I went to home depot and got a small water heater and mounted it in the back of my truck. I think it was 5 gallons...and it did a great job. It was electric and didn't cost much. Everyone said it wouldn't work out because it wasn't meant for mobile, but it lasted years until I sold the truck. As far as I know, it's still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleHands View Post
    I have one in my home that I use for both home and grooming and I love it. I have had the exact problem you described a couple of times and we have found that the tank needed to be cleaned out. We have to put vinigar in it and let it set for 4 or 5 hours and then flush it really good. I have really hard water wih a water softener on it. My tank gets clogged up with scale and salt residue and it just has to be cleaned about every six months to a year.

I will try cleaning it but I don't think it's the issue because I have had this problem from day 1. But I am going to try. I am definitely going look at my home depot options. Thanks!
    Anyone else have thoughts or experience?

Oh and one more thing. You said that the pump pushed the water through too quickly so it would't heat up. BUT it does heat up! It gets super hot! It's just there is no in between. It's super hot or super cold.

My hubby says vinegar would destroy my water pump

I also have an electric 6 gallon water heater I bought from Lowes or Home Depot, works great!

Anyone else have any thoughts any this water heater issue? I guess I am going to have to buy a new one. It's super annoying and time consuming to deal with the temp extremes!

I had the 4gal water heater when I started out. I believe it was called tankless. It was one of those that go under the sinks in a house so that it didn't take the hot water from the big tank to get there as long. So my problem was that the water feeding the hotwater tank was very cold & 4gals isn't that much so it cooled it down fast. I now have a propane 6gal hotwater tank (rv type), works awesome. Doesn't cool down unless I do 3 dogs without turning the tank on to heat after the first morning heating.

Shannon
    The Soapy Puppy mobile