Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Schnauzers with eyelashes

Do you guys have those? Schnauzers with loooong eyelashes and customers' request never to cut them down.I currently groom three. They are very good well behaved dogs but eylashes...grrr...It takes me forever to do their heads because I constantly have to hold eyelashes away and I have these visions of the prized eyelashes falling into path of my shears/clippers. Shaping eyebrows is especially tricky - trying to make them look nice, balanced, even, all the while holding eyelashes out of way!

Yep I've got one....weird request. It's one of those please don't tell people where you get your dog groomed LOL!

I usually just put a sign on my bar when they get there (laminated, "DONT CUT THE EYELASHES!!) and hold the eye closed with my thumb on the lashes to trim above the eye.

If I don't remind myself a thousand times ill end up trimming one eye and going "oh S***!!".

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Ugh, yes, I have 5 different schnauzer clients that like that, and 4 of those are male dogs!! Drives me crazy!

Hope you charge extra...but no i have none that want eyelashes

This is a challenge for sure! I had a client with a St.P. that wanted the lashes kept. Shaping the topknot AND keeping the lashes...UGH. I also have a doodle client that wants lashes. UGH...!

sittingpretty

Ugh yes! I have one schnz client, 4 cocker clients, and a handful of shih clients that was the long eyelashes left. I, like Funky have to keep reminding myself to NOT cut them off. It looks stupid IMO and is hard as hell to do.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

It never fails, the ones I'm supposed to keep the eyelashes on, I'll accidentally chop them off. We have a few schnauzers, but it seems to always be Shihs that are obsessed with eyelashes. I have one that his are probably about 4 inches long now. At one point he chewed off one side and we were allowed to cut the other side. But mom is fiercely protective of those lashes. I think they look like spider legs myself.

All our Schnauzers opt for what they call "short wipers" but we have one Standard Poodle, a few Cockers and a bunch of Shih Tzu owners who want "Theda Bara" eyelashes left on their dogs.

I try my best to comply but when one is clipping and scissoring around the eyes, those long vampy eyelashes sometimes pay the ultimate price for growing where they do and sometimes wants and reality don't mesh.

I don't mind leaving the long obvious eyelashes, but I have at least five clients who demand that the eyelashes never be trimmed--only the dogs don't have any! Inventing eyelashes out of hair is a huge pain and hideous to boot. I always want to ask the client "WHAT eyelashes?" I don't know what they're looking at cuz I sure as heck don't see them.

Ugh.....I cringe every time I hear "don't cut the eyelashes!". I always say....I zigged and he zagged and the eyelashes were gone so I had to make the other side match. Oooops .....

I really do try and not cut them....but sometime it just doesn't work out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Ugh. I have a strict rule about eyelashes. If they are full of eye gunk, they will GO. What's even worse than the dreaded eyelashes (that make the dogs look like bugs with antennas) are those scissored teddy faces that want all the whiskers left long-or the cockers that want the same. Try getting a clean, smooth face and leave the whiskers!!!
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast