Default Hanvey grooming vans ? Financing? Other van makers?

I looked at the site and didn't see much information on Financing. Has anyone gone through it recently? What did you have to put down? It almost seems like you have to pay for the conversion part separate from the van? I'm really interested in the whole inverter powered systems.

Love my Hanvey van. Wouldn't trade the inverter system. I do between 6-10 dogs a day including big hairies and cats and have never come close to running out of power.

The best way to buy a Hanvey is to buy the van , financed, at the dealorship. Then get a loan for the conversion throgh your business. You get a better interest rate. Love Love my Hanvey Van. Just bought my second one last April.

What kind of collateral did the bank want on the conversion loan?

Quote Originally Posted by violet2 View Post
    What kind of collateral did the bank want on the conversion loan?
    That's what I wondered. How much did you have to put down on just the van? I'd hate to use up all my money buying the conversion. That's the only thing I like about wagntails is that the min down-payment is 5k and you just get financing through them. I just don't like the idea of a generator and all the breakdowns, silent re-calls, and all that with the generator. I looked at the sprinter by wagntails and spoke to a few people and none really liked it 100%

I had 0% down on the van. I took a business line of credit for the conversion and paid 1/2 at the begining of conversion and 1/2 when it was done.

For a business line of credit they look at your personal credit score right?

WagnTails van are one price for the completed converted van. I financed my first one through Ford Credit, put $10K down. Second one I traded in the first one for, no money out of pocket, also Ford Credit. Trading in for my third van (I prefer to drive them four years and always having a new vehicle) now, Ford Credit offered me a **** interest rate despite my awesome credit score and eight years of reliably making payments on two loans through them. So I approached the local bank I have my business account with and they gave me 1.34% better, which added up to nearly $3K savings over the life of the loan. Nothing down, I traded in my old van to WT and the bank loaned me thr balance left on the new van. Making the swap next weekend at Hershey Groom Expo. Look for me!

Quote Originally Posted by mijothewonderdog View Post
    The best way to buy a Hanvey is to buy the van , financed, at the dealorship. Then get a loan for the conversion throgh your business. You get a better interest rate. Love Love my Hanvey Van. Just bought my second one last April.
    This is a great idea. Also would you not have to pay for Higher state vehicle registration fees as well?
    Hope many others chime in here. I would love to know more.
    I was close minded to the inverter system, however as of lately I am open to learning all the is to know about it. I had just assumed that it was not an option because of my location with very hot summers, high heat for 4 months out of the year in Phoenix AZ. Maybe I am wrong.
    Should I start a new thread? Would love to know more people pros and cons- experience with full inverter system.
    thanks.