Wall Eyed Cat Multiple user clipper vac system - HELP

Hi, I have 3-4 ivac clippers going at any one time and each is attached to their own shopvac. the noise is getting unbearable. we have tried boxing/inclosing the shopvacs, moving them under/inside counters/closets, etc and it is still just way too noisy. I am interested in some sort of central vac system that I can run one main trunk line with taps for each of the ivac and have just one main suction/disposal site. What have other busy shops used? Do I have to go with the true "clipper vac" type system or have any of you "McGyver" types tried something else that has been successful? ie: dust collector system, actual central vac system, etc???? Any and all feedback would be way appreciated!!

Just saying that Laube sells a central Vac system that looks like its just a regular Vac system. They should have attachments if thats the way you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggins View Post
    Hi, I have 3-4 ivac clippers going at any one time and each is attached to their own shopvac. the noise is getting unbearable. we have tried boxing/inclosing the shopvacs, moving them under/inside counters/closets, etc and it is still just way too noisy. I am interested in some sort of central vac system that I can run one main trunk line with taps for each of the ivac and have just one main suction/disposal site. What have other busy shops used? Do I have to go with the true "clipper vac" type system or have any of you "McGyver" types tried something else that has been successful? ie: dust collector system, actual central vac system, etc???? Any and all feedback would be way appreciated!!
    What I did was use one big shopvac in the back room and run PVC piping (had the vacuum guy install it) and attach hoses to the posts that he left for me to plug into. We could cap off the tubes that were not being used. We also put "clean out valves" in the lines so that if there was a clog we could remove it without taking down the PVC and valve at each station to allow suction control. That kept all the noise but the air hissing in the back room away from the grooming area.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Just one shop vac? I have 14gal shop vacs at each station and the suction is about right, how big was the shopvac for the multi use?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggins View Post
    Just one shop vac? I have 14gal shop vacs at each station and the suction is about right, how big was the shopvac for the multi use?
    I cannot IMAGINE using that size shopvac with a vac system without a suction control device.....IMO It would be too much suction. There should only be enough suction to lift the hair, not to suck it up really far.......I used the largest commercial vac I could find and then we were able to adjust the airflow. I am not sure the size. My Hanvey that replaced that one is a canister, hang on the wall type vac, and I have to turn it down to WAY less than half with my regulator in order to use it.

I would go INSANE with three large vacs going all day. No way I could do that.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

My previous shop had the same set up at parti and it worked very well

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2