Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Advice for new thinners/blenders

I've been grooming for a few years now and have been using the same ****** blenders since the beginning. I have updated my other shears and love them but I can't find any good blenders. I have handled and tried out a few different pairs that girls in the salon with me have and the only ones I have been impressed with are discontinued. I have tried out Geib Gator blenders and Kenchii Scorpion blenders and wasn't that impressed with either. I need something that is going to blend well without wearing my hand out. As it is, when I need to blend something I have to blend a little and go on to something else to give my hand a rest. It takes at least twice as long as I think it should to properly blend. Would love some advice on what would work well without killing my budget. I don't mind paying more for quality, but I want to be sure of what I'm getting if I'm spending the extra.

I know others on here are going to all have different opinions but I think you can't have too many. I love my sharkfin swivel thumb blenders and just got the great white chunkers. I adore them. I can scissor, blend, and chunk to my hearts content and my hand doesn't get tired.
    Are your shears not sharp enough or too tight or too loose? This can cause fatigue.

they could use sharpening, but the tension is right on them and this issue predates the dullness of the blade. I've never been satisfied with them and just have put my other tools first.

I'm fairly new also, and still learning about shears myself. I've had the oster supersteel blue titanium 46 teeth shears since last fall, and I really like them. I bought a few pairs of thinners at the the fall backer show, just to try, and I have specific purposes for them.
    But those trusty osters are so multifunctional. I think they can create a nice soft tight face, or can chunk ours a lot of hair.

If you have to chew through the hair and it hurts your hands to use blenders, you are using the wrong blender for the job!

This is why I currently have 6 different thinners with varying levels of aggression and I want more lol.

The barter group on Facebook is a great resource to find gently used items for killer deals.

I'm not trying to be a broken record but I have a webinar on thinning shears that I'm going to be holding again at the end of the month by popular demand lol. There is simply too much to go into over a post, the class is 2 hours long and includes tips, tricks, and techniques along with classifications.
    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Oh awesome onthebrink! Can you include tips on how to fix my bf's bangs in his sleep? He came out with the Lloyd Christmas look again.

Quote Originally Posted by shannon View Post
    I have tried out Geib Gator blenders and Kenchii Scorpion blenders and wasn't that impressed with either. I need something that is going to blend well without wearing my hand out...Would love some advice on what would work well without killing my budget. I don't mind paying more for quality, but I want to be sure of what I'm getting if I'm spending the extra.
    With blenders you get what you pay for. You may be able to wiggle by with straights and curves that come from the economy bin but not with blenders.

Gator and Scorpion blenders aren't going to cut it (pun intended) and if you really want great results with little effort you are better off smashing the piggy bank and paying the price for really topnotch blenders. You will be astonished what you can do with really good blenders.

Don't know what your financial limit is but from personal experience I can recommend the Geib Blue Breeze, Geib Cheetah Starlight, Geib Katanas and the Scruggs Black Cobra.

Thanks guys. I definitely am interested in the webinar Brink. I need to know when it's going to be. I am really intrigued by the geib blue breeze blenders. I definitely want to be able to get some more and less aggressive blenders. One pair of the blue breezes would be a stretch on my budget right now. It would be a good long while before I could put the collection together.

Smile Blenders

I just got a Precison Cut 23 tooth blender for $135.
    Very similar to the Oster Titanium.

I really like it.

Vivien

Default Barter Group?

What is the barter group on facebook??

Quote Originally Posted by klsypt View Post
    Oh awesome onthebrink! Can you include tips on how to fix my bf's bangs in his sleep? He came out with the Lloyd Christmas look again.
    YES!! It involves a #40 blade and some stealth ninja skills.
    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

do a search for BARTER PET GROOMERS (all caps, just like that) and it should pop right up! Basically it's a place to sell/buy grooming items. I heart it. I just got some adorable designer pajamas and a skeleton hoodie with ears for Termite for like $15! And there are a lot of competition groomers who are constantly rotating shears and take good care of them list for sale. Ive snagged some great deals. Just got some CC Razor shapers ($190 new) for $75. Woot!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast