Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hot oil treatment recipes?

I saw a thread a few months back with a blog on how to make and apply oil treatments but now it is a broken link. Can anyone give me information on this?

Thanks in advanced!

I think it was a good quality deep conditioner, a Vitamin E pill spilled into a cup of it, and it warmed up in the microwave. I dont have a microwave at work, but I'd love to do this!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStarWing View Post
    I think it was a good quality deep conditioner, a Vitamin E pill spilled into a cup of it, and it warmed up in the microwave. I dont have a microwave at work, but I'd love to do this!
    Yes that recipe was in one of the blogs. Says a nice thick rich conditioner in a glass container in the microwave just enough to warm it up but not to make it scolding or you'll breake it down to much with a Vitamin E pill.

For myself I always have Vit E oil I just add in. It also says you can add in some natural oils if you are comfortable and know the benefits of such oils.

For my dogs I will take this recipe and add some tea tree oil or peppermint with euclyptus oil I even do this to my own head! But if you haven't ever messed with oils make sure to do your research or talk with someone who works with them. since now all dogs can tolerate th em so well and a little bit goes a long way.

I know there are other options out there as well. This is just a very easy basic recipe.

That was my blog I believe. I will check the hyperlink. The posts here are good ones!
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Beaming

Yes Windy - It was your blog and I have been using your recipe ever since - it's so awesome. Thank you!!!

Diane

Please let me know when fixed too, and maybe post again. Thanks.

Hey thanks Diane!!!
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Thanks all! So much help and that was the post i was referring too. This is the link if that helps to fix

http://groomwise.typepad.com/smartst...reatments.html

Had it bookmarked =)

Be careful! Tea tree oil is toxic to dogs.
    http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/tea-tree-oil/

If you want to get more in depth, windy way wrote a fantastic book.

Quote Originally Posted by windywaycavaliers View Post
    Hey thanks Diane!!!
    I can't seem to get the link to work. Windy, can you post the link to your blog please?

Tea tree is poisonous to cats. So many medicated dog shampoos are made with tea tree. So not sure on the credibility of that link.

Most essential oils are poisonous to cats and dogs, unless their medicinal grade such as Young Living. Great products!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast