Thread: Davis products?

Default Davis products?

Anyone like them? I of course love isle of dog but I like to selection Davis has and the price. I use their degreaser now and it works great!

I absolutely LOVE Davis products. Plus they are reasonably priced and don't charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

Yes, I do like them as far as shampoo-wise. I am not a fan of their Quick-Dry spray though. And someone else on the forum posted up a review for their promising eye stain cover-up. They were not happy with it.

Their Tropical Coconut shampoo I just love! I did not like the smell at first (I don't do coconut lol), but it grew on me, and now I use it as the second shampoo on all the dogs, cause when they're dry, they smell so clean! With like a warm, coconut-y, almost sugar cookie smell. Mmmmmm.
    amanda
    ~You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who cannot pay you back~

I've only used the Degreaser and this spritz that they no longer make. But liked both.

Grin

I like the Plum Natural Shampoo....especially on Maltese and little fluffy dogs!

We used the plum for quite a few years, and resently changed to B3-Why Itch shampoo, because we still occassionally had dogs that scratched and it didn't fluff up our scissor dogs as much as we wanted, and since we use a prima system, we needed something that would, and just use a conditioner for dogs that need it. So far in a couple of months we have use it we have had no complaints of itching, even in dogs we have had to use med. shampoos on. We do still use the chlor., mecolzole, and peroxide shampoos though, and the ear clearners. The leave in oatmeal cond. is good too.

I will NEVER use Davis again!!! I had a terrible experience with Mr Davis, himself, and their products.

Default Re: Davis products?

My favorite Davis product is the earmed flush ....its the only ear cleaner use.....I also use their cologne, medicated shampoo andmud treatment.....as far as regular shampoo.....I use B3 and natural groomer......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I love Davis colognes as they are pretty true to what smell they are and the smell stay for quite awhile on pets.
    I have seen a few negative comments about Davis lately, but I have always gotten good customer service from them.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Default Davis products?

I used to like them until they refused to lower the shipping cost on cologne. Wanted 4 bottles, but they wanted $25 to ship. Thats more than the cost of the product!

I use their products almost exclusively. In addition to the 12 oz bottles they give to WNT customers to try, I'd already ordered a lot of their other products. Their Mat Out and Fluff Out are great. I also like their wide variety of medicated shampoos and conditioners because they work and are affordable. I like their Ear Med flush as well.

I let my SPoo grow out for two months from an A comb lamb cut in anticipation of trying their products on him. He was matted at the elbows and a bit on his legs and embarassingly filthy. LOL. I used their whitening/color enhancing shampoo after the detangling shampoo and used the light creme rinse. I toweled him off and sprayed him with the Quick dry and Fluff out. When he was merely damp, I used the Mat Out on the matted areas and they brushed out so fast I almost had to cry with joy. All in all I am a big fan of their line and plan on continuing to use them.

I wish they'd come up with a scent-free silk protien finishing serum. The one I use, while fantastic, has a strong smell and clashes with all the colognes I have.

Amendement to my comment:

After having used their stuff for a month, I noticed my hands were drying out. I got some samples of Quadruped and tried them. I did the same experiment with my Spoo for the Qaud products as I did with the Davis. I liked the Quad a lot more.

I really like the medicated shampoos that Davis carries and have 3 different kinds and they work great.

I mixed it up a bit with a troublesome OILY Basset that I've done in the past with only 75% removal of the 6 inch swath of greasy coat over from her neck to base of tail. The first time I used Davis degrease and ketohex and it got, as previously mentioned about 75% out. The next time I used the Davis degrease and Quadruped all-in-one shampoo in my recirc and she was 100% oilies! I found that mixing those two really shuts down any kind of stain and oily coat/skin.

I am mixing the DAvis de-shed shampoo with the Quadruped for my big hairies, just to get rid of it. The rest: color enhancer/whitening, oatmeal and aloe vera, and the de-shed condtioner are going to be donated to my local animal shelter as all they're doing is collecting dust and taking up space on my shelves.

They do make a great product, don't get me wrong, it's just that I found something I like better. And, me being mobile, the Quadruped leave-in conditioner saves me water. And it is a great de-tangler and smells heavenly! And it doesn't suds up nearly as much with my recirc which also saves me water.