Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: De-matting?

Clean dog, slathered with Coat Handler conditioner and my magic mat brush (a particular four paws slicker) and a stand dryer. Sometimes I'll use the HV to spider web the mats if I can, but if they are too tight, I forgo that. I can de-mat just about anything with hardly any coat loss. The exception is a pelt. Not that I do, but I can. I don't use mat splitters or scissors or thinning shears.

I use the demat stuff from Paw Brothers too. Good stuff. i cant stand Chrome Coat. Tried it and hated it with a passion!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ItzaClip! View Post
    www.ryanspet.com
    Thanks itza, anyone in canada though?

Best Shot.
    Best Shot.
    Best Shot

Follow directions carefully. The mats will "fall out" on their own. No kiddin' - try it....you'll seee.

I found mat magic at Showline distributing in Calgary. Not sure if they still have it though.

I don't demat that much cause I charge a pretty penny for it. But when I do, I have an aresenal. I use chrome coat, showsheen, LP brushes, force dryers, and good old fashion elbow grease. I dont brush the dogs wet nor do I use shears or dematting tools. I feel like they cut the coat too roughly and all the jagged edges will cause more mats in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hucksmom View Post
    I found mat magic at Showline distributing in Calgary. Not sure if they still have it though.
    They do. I need to buy a gallon jug of it pronto.
    -----------------------------------------------
    damnit, I want a white poodle!

You guys are awesome! I'll start looking into some of these products, thanks so much!

i'm getting lazy in reading the responses since i've been on here for hours tonight! =D ...so sorry if someone mentioned and i missed..
    "the stuff" is awesome!
    there is a human spray in conditioner i like a lot..think it is called infusium?..not positive, don't have any with me at the moment..
    cornstarch!!! that is by far, my favorite. you will look like a ghost, but if you are determined to be nice and comb out the dog, cornstarch is awesome!! i use it before i wash and get the majority of the matting out..ya always miss some! then use spray in conditioner for what i missed.

i have had fantastic results with simply using Magic Touch formula 3 from cherrybrook and my red les poochs mat zapper. I have not used a mat splitter since i got these 2 products, hmmm, just realized that.

Very good Best Shot, Showseason, there is a detangler by Double K that is pretty good.

Cowboy Magic detangler gel, Davis Mat Out spray, The Stuff spray and my red Les Pooch mat zapper. You can find the Cowboy Magic at places that sell horse supplies. Its AMAZING good stuff!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast