Default 19 gallon water heater??

So the place I will be renting has a 19 gallon water heater. Does anyone here use that size water heater and will it be enough? How many dogs before no more hot water? Im really worried about this and hope I dont have to install a larger one right away. My clients are mainly shih tzu type size dogs and I plan on doing 6 a day starting out.

Thanks for sharing if you have exp with this size water heater.

Default 19 gallon water heater??

I don't know if it will keep you in hot water or not but..............If it doesn't work you might think about a tankless water heater. You can get a small one that will supply one tub for under $200 (I saw on at HD for $165) and you will never be out of hot water. The best part is that it only works when you are actually using it. It doesn't work all the time keeping water hot that you are not using. I have one on my whole house and it's wonderful. I also have terribly hard water and used to go through water tanks about every two years. I've had this tank for 4 years and it is still going strong.

Karen in Michigan
    muttcutz.com

We started with an on-demand tankless heater and it couldn't keep up. I now do have a 19 gallon water heater and have had it for 2ish years. Never once has it run out of water. I do about 8 dogs a day, sometimes several really big ones and even then, always has hot water. If you are worried about it too, you can turn the heat setting up so the water is hotter, then you leave the temp on your faucet the same so it pulls more cold water to balance it out instead of pulling more warm water.

I used a tankless heater when I was mobile & I hated it. I couldn't get a good balance between temperature & pressure.
    I don't think you'll have any problems with your tank size as long as you aren't taking forever on each dog, if it is a problem you could always put the tankless heater between the tank & the tub.

Default Exactly the size I use..

I have used that size for 5 years and the ONLY time I run low on hot water is if I have 2 big hairies come in together, the second dog tends to run out near the end. I do use a bathing system though, and I know that helps cut usage as well. I am moving now to a new state, and if I put together my own shop there, I will again set it up with a 19 gallon water heater...

Way too small IF you have 2 or more bathers. One bather could do it except like trailbound said, some big and hairies might drink it up. I like at least 40 as we have 2 bathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brit View Post
    Way too small IF you have 2 or more bathers. One bather could do it except like trailbound said, some big and hairies might drink it up. I like at least 40 as we have 2 bathers.
    We have that size and even after 14 dogs yesterday it was still nice and warm. In only about 6 hours of time. But we don't do any big hairies.

I believe I had a 19 gallon and it worked okay. I looked into the tankless instant hot water but with our water being high in iron and sediments, the filter changes and such would be too costly AND the system would get clogged within months. So no tankless for me.