Default Generator/Onan vs Generac

I have Wag n tails pet pro vans. They have Onan generators. I am researching switching to Generac. Has anyone put Generac in place of the Onan generator.

I would seriously talk to Jamie at WNT's before considering the change over.

The way WNT's vans are put together may not be compatable with another brand of gen.

The Onans we have are commercial grade and very powerful.

I contacted them about this because I wa strying to buy a van. I said I had read about all the issues and wanted to see if another brand could be put in. They stopped contacting me once I brought up generator issues. So I would LOVE to hear if anyone has gotten an answer. I can't get an answer by calling either."noone has issues with it"

the problem may be the generator housing. I would dearly love to put in a Honda in place of my Onan, but can't because the housing is not the same.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Quote Originally Posted by workingchihuahua View Post
    the problem may be the generator housing. I would dearly love to put in a Honda in place of my Onan, but can't because the housing is not the same.
    I searched for a long time before I chose a gennie. The Generacs were very loud, we chose a honda EU 6500 and I love it works hard and is very quiet. Housing was a problem. We had a generator box welded on the back of our bus. That would be an issue with wag n tails. they house the gennies under the vans I believe.

only the older wagtails have the genny underneath. newer models are on the side.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887