Oops need advice, pricing problems with handstripping - need to know what to tell client!

Here's the situation: In our salon there has always been one main girl who handled the hand stripping clients. She works FAST, and to be totally honest doesn't do that great of a job. She strips down the backs of the dogs, doesn't go as low on the lines as she should, and uses thinners on all the furnishings & heads. Therefore, doesn't charge very much, only $10-$15 more than a regular haircut. These are dogs that are only coming in every 6 months for stripping and have completely blown their coat.
    I've been taught hand stripping, just didn't do it often, and am not the fastest at it. When our main girl went on maternity leave a year ago I took over her strip clients. All their prices got raised, but most are not nearly what they should be. Technically our shop changes a base price for haircuts, then an hourly rate for the stripping. Generally this should make their prices about double what a normal pet trim costs... but in most cases it doesn't work out that way because they were so low to begin with, and we were reluctant to sticker shock the clients from what they were used to.
    Sorry for rambling... but here are my options
    1) Do a ****** job. Do the quality of work they are paying for. (I'm a perfectionist, hard for me to do, less than ideal image for me or the shop)
    2) Suck it up and accept ****** pay.
    3) Tell them even though I have groomed their dog twice before at the low rate, if I do their dog again, my personal rate is higher than the other girls (even though it isn't), and their price will be double. (This option doesn't seem very professional and seems confusing to me)

What should I do?

If the clients are happy with the quickie version of hand-stripping, then I'd do that. Yes, in an ideal world it would be done differently, but this is a service business. As long as the clients are happy and the dogs are treated well, then it's cool with me. A lot of groomers don't handstrip the entire dog.
    Now, the exception would be if you got a client who does have high standards and who wants the stripping to be done the way it "should" be done. I'd talk with them and explain that this is different from doing a pet-quality strip, and will take more time and cost more.

I don't know if this will be a very popular answer, but I handstrip dogs for the same price as a clippered groom. It doesn't take that much more time if you do it correctly and use everything to speed the up process, like gloves and stripping powder.

Default Hand Stripping

Boy, I'd really like to watch someone hand strip a Giant Schnauzer in the time it takes to clip one. I guess the gloves and powder must be magic gloves and magic powder. WOW!

thanks for the replies. I wound up charging $20 more than the usual price, and told them that in the future if I do the dog, it will be the base price, plus the hourly rate for the stripping, resulting in a price almost double what he used to be. The husband didn't care and just said thanks for the heads up- let's see if the wife gets the memo for next time
    I agree, most pets we see get a more pet quality stripping, I just don't like the way my coworker does it. The dogs don't look finished. I don't think she really understands stripping, she just kinda rips hair out, and encourages people to come in every 6 months or else "there's nothing to strip!"

This tread is a year old but I will reply anyway. Unless it is a client with a show dog, there is no need to do a perfect handstrip job. Six months between grooms is too long in my opinion to fuss about perfect handstrip, you would not get it anyway because the coat is totally blown, pet strip is sufficient in this case. Lines do need to be correct but if you start pulling legs and heads (which are super sensetive) you might end up with naked dog. To keep handstriped dog in correct good looking coat, coat needs to be worked every two to three weeks.