Default The Lion and the Maltese

Yesterday was interesting. Not only were we busy, I was bombarded with a very strange groom request... A great looking Maltese in a lion cut... With poodle poofs... However, the Maltese was matted, so the poodle poofs weren't possible, but everything else was. Now I wish I had a picture. :-(

So there was a long mane around the neck and head.. The face was completely clean in a #15.. Body was shaved down to a #10... And the tail, well, it was definitely a palm tree.. I didn't mind the haircut; I was a bit distraught because the Maltese had an AMAZING coat!!!

That would've been cute!
    -----------------------------------------------
    damnit, I want a white poodle!

wish you had a pic, I'd love to see it!

Next time show the owners a picture of a show Lowchen and see if that's what they have in mind. It is very similar to what you did but has a full face left on it.

I take my Lowchens to work with me and I have had a couple of clients request for me to groom their dogs the same way that I do mine. I groom 2 Shih Tzus and a Maltese in a lion trim. The mane of the cut for the Lowchen goes much farther back on the dog than what most groomers would consider normal on a lion cut. The line is at the last rib.

Kat