Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nice cut.

Quote Originally Posted by mom24doggies View Post
    OK, here are the pics. First two are a few weeks after his previous haircut.(I included them so that you could see some different angles of his body/face. ) Second two are last weeks haircut; as you can see, plenty of hair on the legs, some angulation in the rear, and a cute face. Sorry, face looks a little messy, he'd been walking around for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Sibes View Post
    Mom24....Lovely job!
    I'm equally impressed with the proper body weight, lol! My clients have a knack for turning Lhasas into ottomans with tails.
    Must be a regional thing. Our Lhasas around here all seem to be normal weight.

On the other hand, our Goldens all look and weigh out like large sandstone blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by mom24doggies View Post
    OK, here are the pics. First two are a few weeks after his previous haircut.(I included them so that you could see some different angles of his body/face. ) Second two are last weeks haircut; as you can see, plenty of hair on the legs, some angulation in the rear, and a cute face. Sorry, face looks a little messy, he'd been walking around for a few minutes.
    VERY nice job, Mom.

Wish our customers would go for the fuller legs but to a man they all want their dogs' legs shaved down the same length as the body. The few that ask for full legs never take care of them and the dogs end up getting scalped down the next time they come in.

Well, she's coming tomorrow now instead of coming today; she had a scheduling conflict.

I already know what to ask, it's just usually they say "Oh just clean him up and make him look good." lol. Not helpful xD So I was just asking for some suggestions.

This is what I did to him last time.
    Codysm.jpg
    Gave him a round face, trimmed him up around his belly and legs, trimmed feet..

[QUOTE=laurendoodler;530151 "Oh just clean him up and make him look good."
    [/QUOTE]
    My favorite statement to ever come out of the mouth of my clients! I interpret that as "do what you want! Have Fun!" I just do what I want on these dogs until they tell me different. I tend to groom pet Lhasa's quite similar to Shih's. I don't know if you ever read the book "Theory of 5" by M. Verplank? If not, I highly suggest to get it. It simplifies grooming so much. Breaks down the body styles to a T. It really helped me when I was starting out, anyways...lol Good job on the groom, btw. Look like you just have to work on a little bit of finishing touches. And that comes with time
    Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
    Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Thanks, doggydivas!! I gave a dog a blue mohawk last time I got told "do what you want"...LOL. But they were family friends and I knew they'd like it!

I have not seen that book, but I will look into it! I have her other book..the Notes from the Grooming Table one.

Default Lhasa Apso Picture

gunnar.JPGI have a really cute one that I groom regularly. He is kept in a long coat. I have a stiff slicker brush that seems to work through the minor mats really well.

Nice.. very nice! I see I'm missing getting angulation on the legs and the beveling on the feet. Something to work on .

Debbie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2