Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by schnauzerLuv View Post
    He looks great! That us very difficult coat to work with, every single mark shows on it, nevermind the drying and matting!

One small critique, the fringe (schnauzers don't get skirts) can divot in slightly more. I'm guessing you just drop the clipper down when you get to the blend line, which normally is good, but with his thickness go in on a slight angle with a skip 7. Because he's a big guy I wouldn't say to shorten it much, but just a tiny smidgeon and try to angle it a tad more so it's going to be shorter by the Peter and about the length it is in the pic at the elbows. It will just add a bit more shape and flair. Also push his ears into his head. They seem stuck outside it.
    I will try to shorten skirt more, as it has been lowered as compared to before. The owners are not real easy to work with, and very fussy at the same time. They got this guy out of the shelter. He certainly didn't look like this when they got him, and didn't know what he could look like, but can be pains to work with, because their idea of what they want him to look like and my idea is two different things. I just resently took the bib shorter, and worried that they would say something about that. They use to chop the eyebrows off and they want the beard very short. Only thing I am not sure I can do is stuff his ears back into his head. That might plug up his ear canals. He already has tendencys to have ear infections, and that would really flare them up. Thanks!

Default Latest on grooming Elliott

I groomed him today, and didn't bother with pictures. First thing owner told me was I didn't get both sides around the elbows even, and not to take the bib so short. He also had scissored on the feet and taken some of the hair off over the top of the toes, so that the nails showed. I could not believe it! I work so hard on this dog, and everytime there is something wrong. The time before, the beard was not even, as it has to be scissor short. Before that the eyebrows were uneven. Of course I have a hard time with the eyebrows, as they use to scissor them off, especially the middle part, where tends to make eyebrows out of control for a long time after that. Today I did get them the best I even have, but he will come back and tell me I left them too long, or cut them short again themselves.

I think next time if he comes in I am going to tell him that maybe he should find another groomer, since I can't seem to make him happy. There is always a problem. Once it was because taking the hair out of Elliott's ears caused a red spot, and he told me not to be so ruff. I can hardly get the hair pulled out, and have a hard to not pinching him, as he hates his ears messed with. He has had tendencys to having ear infections if the ears are not kept clean, which was my fault too when they first got him, as he already had problems. They got him out of a shelter.

Except for the toe nails and toes showing some, I thought he looked really good, so we will see what happens when he comes back in a month. I maybe sending him back out the door.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3