Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I know I like grooming goldens, cavaliers, papillions, labs, shepherds, aussies, etc... a lot of B&B type dogs. I will never send a postcard to lhasas, shihs etc, as I don't really want to groom them. I found the list of owners, breeds, addresses, etc from my county auditors website... it was an excel format type of document that was the documenting information for dog licences in the county. I just separated it by zip code and started with my immediate zip code. I made the postcards on Vistaprint, and with postage it was maybe $60 total for 100 postcards (basically if I get one dog from it, it is paid for). I used a picture of my own dog for the postcard, but they have dog templates available, but I like being able to say 'I groomed that'.

I've been looking through our Pierce County Auditors website for the last 20mins & have found nothing. Any key words to look up to help find this? I wonder if my county just doesn't put it up due to privacy.

Shannon
    The Soapy Puppy mobile

Maybe try calling your county shelter responsible for licencing and see if you can get the list from them.

Default wow

Quote Originally Posted by doggroomer812 View Post
    I am just getting started with mobile, picked up the van on Thursday... First appointment on Monday. The Monday before picking up the van I sent out a postcard to 100 golden retriever owners in my zip code... I had a picture of one of my goldens at a dog show on the front. I already have 9 goldens scheduled for this first week. I was amazed by the response. I am going to do another postcard mailing to cavalier owners... Gotta stock up on breeds I like!

We are also doing a press release to small newspapers this week.
    I didn't even know that was possible!! how cool! I'll keep that in mind for sure thanks!

I am 5 months in and have an employee. I only groom 4 days and she works 2 days.We are booked 2-3 weeks ahead and do somewhere around 40-50 dogs a week. I am in a fairly large area and there are 2 other mobile groomers here that have both started up within the last year. My friend who owns one of the other mobile businesses here started hers in January 2011 and isn't even taking new clients anymore. It's been a big hit in this area.

Pawtasticgroomer87 -If you don't mind me asking, what state or area of the country are you in?

Default just asking doggroomer 812

Hi, I also tried to find the list of dog license's in my state and I cannot find anything like this either. I am surprised you found a list with people's addresses on it. No offense but that's a little scary that it's available. Did you do a google search under certain words to find this? It is no where under my county auditor's website or shelter's website. But that is a very smart idea that some of us never knew existed.

Quote Originally Posted by GroomersGotStyle View Post
    Well, I just started my mobile in January. I had 10 last month and I'm up to 17 this month. Next month (March) I have 10 already prebooked and one new client. You HAVE to have an internet presence and it helped me IMMENSELY that a local mobile AND a local shop closed down, plus there is an area East of me that is completely barren of groomers. It's about knowing your area and knowing how to use advertising to your advantage. We spent all of December working on our websites (Yahoo Local, Facebook, Yelp, our actual website, etc. etc.) and put ourselves anywhere we could. We're doing two raffle baskets next month (one for a HS and one for a shelter) and one local event. I already know of a second event we'll also be doing in August as well. I've networked like a mad woman. I went to EVERY vet without grooming, feed store, aquarium and reptile store..ANYTHING to do with animals, I'm there with cards. A lot of the businesses were surprisingly receptive, too. We'll be doing about 5k door hangers ASAP and hitting the areas where I know the mobile serviced to try to pull in her customers. Plan, plan, plan! :P It also helps us that we built our rig so we have no nasty payments to worry about.

I like your door hanger idea...I think I might try to get my area's dog license list and go that route...great idea

Quote Originally Posted by BestBuds View Post
    Hi, I also tried to find the list of dog license's in my state and I cannot find anything like this either. I am surprised you found a list with people's addresses on it. No offense but that's a little scary that it's available. Did you do a google search under certain words to find this? It is no where under my county auditor's website or shelter's website. But that is a very smart idea that some of us never knew existed.
    We got a list of all liscensed dogs in our city from Animal Control when we first opened. I can't remember what we paid, I think it was a couple hundred. Yes it is kinda scary although we did have to prove we had an animal related business in the city.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2