Default Scissors for large hands?

I having an issue, lol.
    I'm 6'3 and my hands are pretty girthy. Can't seem to get my fingers in many of the holes in the scissors. The only couple pairs I have found that are pretty comfortable are (ironically) these little 4" Top Performance brand curved, straight, and thinning sheers. Also took a liking to the Featherweight Millers Forge scissors (6 1/2" curved but I notice they also make a straight and thinner). My mom had given me a pair of thinning sheers that fit pretty nice from when she was in cosmo back in high school.

The question is.. How many of you have girthy hands and have scissors that fit like a glove (or at least close to it)? What kind do you use? Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure I've heard that scissors can be custom built to fit your hands and fingers. I don't know which ones, but a search on google, or calling up SharkFin, or other bigger brands I'm sure would do a lot
    amanda
    ~You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who cannot pay you back~

Nerdy

Wolff makes shears with large holes and so does Monk. My website shows pictures of them on the "Product Information" page.

I have big fingers as well and I have a pair of Wolff 114's that work out well and they are less than $80 and made in the USA with good steel. I can barely get my pinky finger in the thumbhole of a Geib Gator shear, so there is your comparison.

Hope this helps

-------------------------------------------
    Jeff Andrews
    Northern Tails Sharpening, Inc
    Mobile, Alabama &
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    251-232-5353
    251-661-7808 fax
    www.northerntails.com
    jeff@northerntails.com
    "You NOW Have A Better Choice"

“A certified Sharkfin sharpening service”

Jeff, thank you for your very informative response, It's appreciated! I will definitely keep those two brands in mind. I'm very new to the grooming industry, so I did find a pair of "cheapos" that work. If you ever need to refer someone some low priced shears that fit a bigger hand, the Millers Forge Featherweight series work quite well. When I'm ready to move up as far as what type of shears I use though, you can bet that Monk and Wolff will be the first two I look at. Again, thank you for your response!