Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Agree Win a WAHL Bravura & Win a 2nd WAHL Bravura to Pay Forward - enter here!

This is the OFFICIAL contest page, and the only place to enter the contest. You will need to post a message here to enter in this thread only, so you must be a member of GroomerTALK Message Board to play. Lurkers, guests, please register and enter. The contest is open to residents of the US & Canada, you must be 18 years of age, and the contest is void where prohibited. Proof of age will be required if you are chosen the winner.

Please note you must post a message, as described below, to enter the contest. HOWEVER, you will NOT be judged on the CONTENT of your message. Everyone who enters by posting their proper message here will have their name put into a hat and a winning name will be drawn. There is only one winner in this contest.

The winner will be shipped a WAHL BRAVURA ( www.wahlanimal.com ) direct from the office of PetGroomer.com / Find A Groomer Inc. The winner will then provide our office with the name of a PERSON or ORGANIZATION to whom we will ship the 2nd WAHL BRAVURA.

Examples of an organization could be a pet rescue or other charity.

HOW TO ENTER BY POSTING A MESSAGE HERE

Remember, we are not judging your message, the contest is simply a drawing as described above.

WITHOUT MENTIONING NAMES OF PEOPLE, tell us about the person or organization you would like us to pay a WAHL BRAVURA forward to on your behalf. Is it someone in need? Did this person inspire you to become a groomer? Is it a pet charity or rescue that could use the Bravura. (You can mention the names of organizations here). Was this person a great teacher for you, or someone that is trying to get their career started? Please tell us anonymously who this person is and how they have captured your vote for us and WAHL to pay it forward to them with a Bravura on your behalf.

For now please don't mention the name of the person you want to pay it forward to, BUT, do keep in mind, if you are chosen the winner, we will reveal the YOUR NAME and the NAME OF THE PERSON you are paying it forward to here in this thread at the conclusion of the contest.

MINIMUM WORDS

Please explain in 100 words or more. Remember, POST HERE IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.

Good luck everyone. We look forward to hearing your stories! We all know there are wonderful people in our industry and around us, and it's time for a thread with heart focused on them and the good things in our lives.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the FAQ section, or in the Board Help Forum. Thanks for coming to PetGroomer.com http://www.petgroomer.com.

I would pay my forward to a girl who I worked with in my first salon. We were surrounded with groomers who were either old and jaded, or were just doing grooming as a job and didnt put effort into learning. We banded together and learned new things and pushed each other to constantly do better jobs. We went to our first trade show, APF, last year together and learned so much and had such a blast together. When I left that salon, I gave her my entire clientele and they all love her. She is the sweetest, hardest working Groomer I know and I love her with all my heart. It would be a personal honor to surprise her with a bravura to thank her for keeping me on the right path and being my outlet for our endless grooming discussions.

:-)

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.535995,-81.184513

I would pay it forward to a woman that got me started in show poodles. She gave me, a girl she had never met, a chance and taught me everything I needed to know about not only showing poodles, but how to scissor properly. She pushed my pet grooming to the next level, by teaching me how to see the faults in dogs and how to hide them!
    Because of her I specialize in poodles, bichon, and other scissor trims. Even a groomer in my current salon that I respect really admires my scissor grooms. I would love to present her with a strong trimmer that will help her continue keeping her show dogs in top shape without the need of an outlet.

Laugh wish me luck!

When i read this contest....There was one person who came to mind. She owns a few smaller groom shops in Kentucky. In 2009, my husbands new duty station happened to be Ft Knox, Kentucky, right down the road from her shop. Even with me being 5 months pregnant, she welcomed me with open arms. This lady was the only "family" i had down there and would literally give up her grooming arm to help out my family. She employs young girls who have troubled pasts, learning disabilities, and broken homes out of the kindness of her heart. I would give something back to her, for all the giving she does all year long. Thanks

I would like to pay it forward to a woman i met in Kentucky. In 2009, my husbands Duty Station was changed to Ft. Knox, KY. I walked into a small groooming shop at over 5 months pregnant and the owner welcomed me with open arms. I have never met a lady with suck a kind heart. She would give up her grooming arm to help out a family in need. She definitely saved me and my family more than i could ever repay her for. She always hires girls troubled pasts, disabilitlies, and money troubles, just to help them make life a little easier. Although she has beeen taken advantage of for being so giving, she still always sees the good in somebody and would never give up on a person who needs a helping hand. I have grown to love this lady and she was the only person i could consider "family" while i was so far from home. To be able to give her something in return for everything she has done for me (and many others), would definitely be an honor. She deserves it.

I would pay mine to a good friend of mine, I had just opened my shop 3 months and other local groomers were not very welcoming, but she had just graduated from school and stopped by and introduced herself. She worked in home and didn't do as many hours per day as me(I also have retail store) so she would bring me a coffee and sit and talk while I worked. I was sooo nervous, yet she never tried to make me feel that way. She is an awesome groomer and has been equally welcoming to all newbies and really created a cozy friendship with all but 2 of the groomers in our area. I find her inspiring and hope this lighter clipper will help with her wrists as she has cut back due to pain.

I would pay forward a WAHL Bravura to the Fayetteville Animal Protection Society, Fayetteville NC. They are a no kill shelter and have had a dog for over 2 years! I got to meet some of the wonderful volunteers at a Trunk or Treat and cleaned up a couple of the dogs they had for adoption. This is a wonderful organization and I am sure they would put the WAHL Bravura to very good use.

I would love to give a WAHL Bravura to a fellow groomer and friend of mine. We met through a mutual grooming friend. It didn't take long for me to see how passionate she was about grooming. And she had only been doing it for two years! She has taken the necessary steps to learn as much as she can and be the best she can be. She started her own business with nearly no prior experience and has worked hard to gain a large, loyal clientele. She works really hard for her family and I believe she has many successful years ahead. I would love to give her this gift!

I would pay the Bravura forward to a groomer that I met when I was apprenticing at a private shop about two + years ago. Since then I worked at a corporate shop for a year and now am at a new shop as an independent contractor and she's there too. She is a single mother and works really hard at two grooming jobs, but raising two kids alone is not an easy thing, so she struggles financially and replacing and upgrading equipment just doesnt get to the top of the list... anyway I would love to give her a bravura because it's one of those tools that makes our jobs easier.

I would give the wahl to the woman who operates and owns the shop I currently work at. A year ago I was searching for a job, both my husband & I were unemployed & struggling. I answered an add asking for an experienced groomer & asked if she would consider giving someone with no experience a chance. Not only did she say yes, she loaned me her equipment to learn o.

On and taught me everything she knew with a smile on her face, It saved my family from losing our home and gave me a real career

If I were to win the Wahl Bravura, I honestly don't know who I would pay it forward to at this point although I do have some in mind. The groomers who were so kind to me when I started have long since retired and the rescue groups I groom for don't groom themselves. I would want this to go to an enthusiastic, start up groomer that really wants to go somewhere. Someone who is passionate, caring and just really needs this little bit of an extra helping hand.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast