Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Novemberrain View Post
    Sounds good but here is my worry... Would the beef or chicken flavoring just cause her allergies to get worse?
    That has never been my experience with it.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Default could it

be the grass? i have a client allergic to bermuda and i know your climate is much more humid (not that anywhere compared to Vegas isnt!!). i would try a boiled chicken and green bean for food...that way u can really rule out the Blue food ...IMO
    my horse is itchy like that ...worse in summer. i cant get her away from me! i have to scratch her with the push broom! lol good luck i know it really does stink

Default itching dog

Try Nupro dog supplement. www.nuprosupplements.com I highly reccommend it for itching., hot spots, etc. It makes a liver gravy for their food. Dogs love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy W View Post
    Try Nupro dog supplement. www.nuprosupplements.com I highly reccommend it for itching., hot spots, etc. It makes a liver gravy for their food. Dogs love it.
    She was on that, I had a 5 pound jug of it i gave to my mom and although the itching didn't stop it helped her joints. My mom ran out and hasn't bought more since... Nupro is great stuff though!

Default apple cider vinegar

Run a warm bath then add about two cups of apple cider vinegar in, get as much of her under the water line as possible. let her soak there for as long as you can you will start to see "stuff" come to the top of the water. once soaked, bath regularly. Do it again a week or so later You will be craving easter eggs each week when you do it, but it really does help draw the itchy nastiness out of the skin.

There's some great posts here, and this reads to me as either an environmental allergy or a medication side effect. The low dose thyroid meds our Lab is on do make her itchy- but not nonstop, and it took us some time to determine those meds as the source until another vet mentioned it as a possible cause. When she is itchy- which for her (and not all dogs will have the same reaction for the same reason so this is just our case), she seems worse when the weather is more humid. The yeast that causes her itch I alleviate with the cider vinegar soak and tea tree shampoo bath once a week and I bump up her TCM herbals and powdered probiotics- the longest it's ever taken to end was 3 weeks. it took some time to rule things out, but once our arms were around it, if we see the itching or odor start, we take action and end the cycle before it gets too out of hand.
    I woul get skin scrapings also- but those weekly baths with proactive ingredients will help alleviate itchiness short term for relief. It is clearly coming from inside her tho, you sound versed in nutrition so the next two ideas I have would be what I stated above.
    Please keep us posted as you go.
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Absolutely....yeast cures in dogs. Candex for humans...1pill per day.. Cheap at amazon.com....works great...grain free diet is a must. Rinse water after bath, 50/50 mixture Bragg vinegar, leave on for few minutes. Rinse. Can use washcloth on bad areas 2-3 times a day...be careful, if sores are there, this stings. Can use this mixture to clean ears out for mites And yeast...It stings if real irritated so dilute more at first...Keeps their ears mite and yeast free always....use cotton balls with vinegar solution on them to wipe...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2