Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Pine Sol as Flea shampoo?

Another groomer in the area told me her vet told her to bathe dogs in diluted pine sol to get rid of fleas... I have never heard of this and myself, only use all natural products & advise a topical. However, I have never heard of that on this board either. Anyone else?

I'd use dish soap. I'd use Murphy's Oil Soap. But I wouldn't use Pine Sol. I wouldn't even use Pine Sol to clean the kennel. Pine Sol contains phenol. Dogs, and especially cats, are very sensitive to phenol. It can cause liver damage. If inhaled it can cause lung and throat irritation.

Best to stick to something a little less toxic. Or a lot less toxic.

OH MY GOD!!!! I use it for cleaning and my hands get so dried out within minutes.

Thumbs down No Way!!

they must have misunderstood! I bet it says not to use it on humans or pets at any dilution right on the bottle.

I don't clean my place with any of the ----sol stuff.
    I don't like the way it smells & I think it's too toxic.

Erica

Pine Sol makes me sick, I cant imagine my dog smelling like it. I swear that this is what she uses, diluted. I thought the same thing - I wont even clean my floor with that stuff! I cant imagine a vet recommending it but he did. I dont even like using flea shampoos that arent natural and I WONT use dips. I just wondered if any of you had ever heard of such a thing.... crazy stuff!

Thumbs down Weirdness

I dont use anything for fleas except flea product thats meant for dogs and or cats.

PineSol is toxic to pets!!! I worked at a vet's office as a tech several years ago that was using PineSol to clean their kennels when I started working there. I went to te vet and voiced my concern, she had never thought about its toxicity. We started using a safer disinfectant. Never use it on pets!!

I bet this groomer misunderstood the vet. I doubt a vet could come out with that type of info. I could be wrong but it sounds to crazy.
    Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Ditto to what Helly & the others have posted. NO, NO, NO!

Shocked I have used Murphys on my nails

Helly suggested using on my nails. I did once and seems to have made them stronger! I rinsed off of course and wondered if I was suppose to just wipe off, but I don't think I would get it off without rinsing. Pine Spl? NO WAY! Heck, good ol ivory dish soap works but Best Shot is made for dogs and smothers fleas if left on a while. Must do another treatment tonite.

Default I wonder

I have heard some oddball stuff, but I would never do this.

I always heard that any item ending with sol is toxic to animals.

Ya know, there are people out there that will give you the wrong info
    on purpose.... I have meet people like that. Be careful who you listen to.

Murphy's is great for nails. I suspect it's oil. When I started using it I noticed my nails getting a lot stronger right away. Yes, you do want to rinse it off, not just wipe it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast