Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tech Chrysanthemum face shih tzu

Does anyone know how to do this? I have a new client (groomed her dog once) and did a teddy bear face which
    she requested and liked. Booked another appt and asked if I could do a chrysanthemum face next time. Told her I didn't know how to do it, but would ask. Looked in several books but can't find anything. Can anyone help please?

Thanks,
    Marilyn

Maybe she means really full and round? I know shih tzus are called the Chrysanthemum dog because their face resembles the flower

Um, there is no such thing. At least not on the west coast and I've been grooming for 10 years. Just find out what she wants and go from there.

She said her former groomer did that face. I haven't heard of it either!! The dog looks nice with the teddy bear so maybe I'll just leave it a bit longer and go
    from there.

Whoa. It's been a while since I've heard this term! I used to have a shih tzu client who would request this every time. I took it to mean a really round circular face, almost bichon-like. Been a long time since I've seen Lucy, but she was pretty old, so I'm not sure if she's still around.

There is too such a thing; however, it requires that the hair on the face be very long. It also requires a top knot and when pulled up and having long drop coat on the muzzel, it resembles a flower.
    250px-Shih-Tzu.jpg

I would have totally assumed a round head like a flower. To me topknots and long muzzles look more rectangular, because I don't spray them up like for the ring, so they have less volume up top. And the long muzzle hair lengthens the face. I would print out pics of different styles, including a very round full(maybe westie style?) and ask her. The name is probably her old groomers term for a made up style... We all do it. I just heard a new one...shauna bernardin called a #2 comb cut(all over) a two-dy bear... Cutest ever!

Default Not uncommon term in my experience

I have heard the term many times, but most owners don't know it, so simply find out more about what she wants.

Roundish, not squared, and perhaps having the ears done the same as cheek/chin length, but it is a 'look', not a length, so ask the client what SHE is looking for. Maybe she has some old pics, too.

When owners have used that term with me, they meant to leave the hair growing on the muzzle, rather than shave it, so that it grows up and round like a chrysanthemum. LOL

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Definitely an old picture! She probably has one on her phone! I have always thought of that face in terms of what they look like as babies, like someone else said, super round. Take pics and let us know!

Thanks for all the replies. I will do my best and ask her for pics and go from there!

I assume it is super round head also

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast