Roll Eyes Comfort Groom Elec table, Z-lift & accordion lift, How do they work differently?

This will be my first purchase of an electric table so I don't know much about it.
    I've been reading the past posts on this forum to study though.

Can someone tell me how they are different and which is better? (Z-lift and Accordion lift)
    I'm very much interested in Comfort Groom because they are more affordable however this is a huge investment for me so I don't want to waste my money on something "not excellent" and end-up buying something else.
    Are they really good tables or should I invest on more expensive one? I would like to do it right the first time rather than upgrade to something better later on.
    I bought my Taxi Vac and Speedi Stand Dryer after researching on this forum and I love them! (oh, also Red German Clipper and a Les Pooch Brushes!)

Thanks!

Laugh electric tables

funny you ask ... I JUST bought the accordian table tonight. I did tons of research and my most important needs were a table that goes low to the ground cuz I work alone and can't lift the biggies, and one that can lift 230+ pounds without wobbling, etc. (and I wanted electric for sure). And price was a huge issue for me.

Both comfort tables meet my needs ... the accordian goes down two inches lower, and can go slightly higher, and has a slightly bigger table base. The poundage is less than the z (350 vs 400 lbs I think, but I'll never groom a dog over 350 pounds)!

I asked the comfort sales person which stand design is best for stability and long-lasting performance and she said "most definitely the x" because the weight is evenly distributed. Two people at pet edge said the same thing, and some online research agreed as well. My current table is a z-hydraulic and it had a lot of wobble after a year or so. They said to definitely avoid pedistal type bottoms that get top-heavy and tip.

fyi ... there is another master equipment table on sale at pet edge ... it's a new bone shaped electric table that's on sale for $499 and it costs about $117 to ship to me (in ny). It holds 220 pounds and has the desired x-base. I almost bought that one, BUT the arm is screwed in and meant to be permanent, so if you want to use your own arm, make sure it will fit. My friends use master equipment electric tables and love them.

The reason I chose comfort groom over the rest is because there is a LIFETIME warranty on the frame ... includes any loosening of bolts//joints that cause the table to lose stability. And a 2-year warranty on motor. The other places only offered a year on both. Plus they have free shipping so it's $689 to my door and I get it in 7 days. And online testimonials were very favorable.

Hope that helps! I'll try to remember to check back and let you know what I think after I get it next week or so.

I have had the accordion lift for almost a year, zero complaints.. Its a very nice quality table for the money!! I bought the casters too and its been great!!

Not that I'm really in the market to buy, but anyhow-

I like this one
    http://www.petedge.com/product/Groom.../192/57234.uts
    and I believe it is the one mentioned above. I like that the lift remote is not a foot pedal and is right in the working area for easy adjusting. I use the foot pedals at work and I can never find it without looking down, lol.

I don't think I could find the comfort groom ones mentioned. I'd like to compare them too, so can anyone provide a link? Does PetEdge carry them as well? I could only find Master Groomer brand.

Congratulations on the new purchase. It is so nice to get good things to groom with. I don't have an upgrade on my table yet, and I know it's going to make a huge difference when I do. I'm going to be watching this thread carefully to learn for my future reference.

I love my German Red Fav 5 clipper. Use it all the time. Love it. Just love it bad.

Default comfort groom tables

I beleive it's just comfortgroom.com I can't remember off-hand and my laptop won't open another window. I don't know of anyone else who sells their tables. I believe they are exclusive and cut out the middle man which is why they are cheaper.

After reading the "no complaints" review, I'm even more excited to get my table!! It was like Christmas was coming last night. I was giddy.

Smile

http://www.comfortgroom.com/shop/gro...ng-tables.html

This is the link to their electric tables.
    Hound Dog, please please let us know of your review when you get the table!
    I'm excited (almost) as much as you are!

Tech comfort groom

I bought my comfort groom table earlier this year and really, really like it. There is absolutely no jerking or wiggling when the table goes up and down, sometimes I can't even tell if its moving it is so quiet and smooth! Casters are my next purchase for it. The table top is heavily textured, so no slip sliding for the dogs. PetAgree.net also carries the tables.

Laugh

I just had to contribute to this thread. my comfortgroom tables (YES PLURAL) have been GREAT! the price and the quality is really amazing and it really is a game changer for the industry. I recommend it highly. I really think they have something great going for this industry. finally, an electric table that is affordable without all the ridiculous shipping prices other companies try to nail you on.

Laugh Not table great. customer service not so great.

so I finally got my comfort groom accordian table. My husband attached the pedals and table top and it didn't work. I called customer service. Walked us through stuff and it didn't work. I asked nicely them to send me new table that worked. They refused. Said they would send me a replacement part. I was concerned if that part didn't work, I'd have to delay my large dogs longer. She wanted me to take off a part, but you couldn't get to it with a screwdriver because the table wouldn't lift up!! After a half-hour, she finally agreed to send me --three-- parts and I'd have to send back what didn't work at their expense. They overnighted them and one of the three worked ... though not the part she was originally going to send until I complained, and of course it was not the first part we tried.

Also, if you would have seen what my husband had to go through to get the old part of and the new part on ... it was ridiculous and there's no way I would have had the strength or know-how to do it. I think it was crazy to make me do that on a table I just spent $800 on!! I think they owe my husband whatever THEY charge for 1 1/2 hours of labor, plus the money I lost on the giant dogs I had to reschedule.

HAVING SAID THAT, it is now up and working and I used it today for the first time. It's steady as a rock. The top is a great no-skid cushiony top. I love the hooks to hang my clippers and scissors so I"m not always walking over to get them. (I get the dropsies if I keep them in my pockets!) It goes up and down pretty slowly, but it's my first electric table so I presume that's normal. The pedals flip up when you're not using them which is nice. And the top is big! I can't wait for my "bad hipped" husky to walk on tomorrow and take the elevator ride :-)

We'll see what happens with my company follow-up, but it seems like a very nice table.