Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Have you seen the "how to groom a Minature Schnauzer" in Groomer to Groomer? This article along with last months Shih Tzu makes me wonder......

I use a & reverse on the body. Gives it more of a fresh cut look and not a blended look. Also, the diagram seems to be perfect, but one slight change from how we do it here. The tuck up line is just slightly higher, and its a straight line from the tuck up to the bone in the hock. The line on the back leg doesnt curve for us here.

Quote Originally Posted by A1Mobile View Post
    Have you seen the "how to groom a Minature Schnauzer" in Groomer to Groomer? This article along with last months Shih Tzu makes me wonder......

I haven't seen it but the westie and shihtzu had me showing my apprentice what not to do......and the author if both is the same and a dear friend of mine. GT coordinator and member for 4-5 years.......
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

I groom a lot of mini schnz and most are done with a 10 ag. It is what my clients request. As for the bumps, I also feel it is the breeding.

I wanted to clarify something. the breeder we have here that is having a lot of these in her line h as stock that started with them. then she kept pups from two dogs that had this issue and bred them....I see TWO of her dogs. Total. SHe offers really really cheap grooming for her pups, and most of them according to the vets have skin issues. the two I see are in the same home and have ultra sensitive skin but no bumps. FABULOUS owner. great food, regular grooming and I think that the fact that we KNOW what can happen to them we are really careful. I also card those two (even with their soft as snot coats) and that may keep them from having issues but they clipper irritate, itch all the time.....I see a LOT of snzs. Gotta be genetic.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Thanks!!!!!

I know that this thread was a hot topic over a year ago, but I have to say that the link you suggested was great!! I use tens on the Schns. we see in our grooming salon, however, I have customers that ask for a "modified" Schn., with a short beard, short skirt, and short legs. :-( I have few customers that are really interested in keeping the full skirt and beard. But, it did answer questions I had on how to create the lines. When I went through my training, we were taught to have a tight angle from the tuck up to the hock. Now that I'm diving deeper into the CORRECT standard breed cuts, I have definitely improved from where I was 6 months ago.

bumps I attribute largely to diet after predisposition. My first Schnz got them when he was on a food that didn't work for him, on natural foods though, no problems, also no staining.

I typically use a 7, or if it's really skimpy hair, a 5. Depends on the dog. There are few pets around here with anything resembling decent coat. I still enjoy grooming them though.

I don't like the face in the chart though, outside eye line, I take it right to the corner of the eye, not a finger width from. One of Grrr's handlers took it in a bit under the eye, only slightly, but I didn't like that as much so grew it back out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2