Oops eyebrows on a soft-coated schnauzer

is it just me or do white schnauzers all have a very soft coat?! what tips do ya'll have on doing their eyebrows, i love a very sharp, alert look to mine but because their hair is so soft i usaully wind up cutting the eyebrow pretty short :/

I groom a lot of white schnauzers and I find they can have two very different coats. One is very thin and wirey and the other is super thick and soft and will mat if you look at it wrong. Lol! On these soft coated dogs I have resorted to doing a more curved eyebrow. Not as crisp but looks well on them. JMO! Lol!

Had success with using top knot moose and straightening the curly ones.

I use either a spritz of water and then comb in place, scissoring while damp or hairspay to hol them in place while scissoring. Works on ANY type of coat. ALso, a pair of shears with a serrated edge will hold the hair rather than push it.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

ahh i already replied but i guess it didnt take.... anyways, due to certain rules at the company i work for i cannot use any styling products and im really not suposed to do anything to a dog that's not fully dry but i will try it wet i guess i always thought if i trim them wet they will dry not even looking??? and what do you mean by serrated scissors, i guess maybe i dont have any?

I use Espree paw balm on their eyebrows a very very light coat of it. If I use to much I simply put a little baby powder corn starch or corn starch on them and comb out. When I say a little I wipe my one finger across the paw balm and rub into my hands and then lightly run my palm down their eyebrow. Then comb into place, trim and as I said if you have to much put powder on it. If you want to fluff up the schnauzers furnishings you can do same thing, very light coat of paw balm, comb up the furnishings and apply baby powder cornstarch, brush in and back comb, trim. It will make those limp furnishings stand up and look good, actually look like they have some body to them.

If you think about it, our hairdressers use shears on our hair wet ALL the time. Its more even that way. Same with dog hair. I am talking a bit of water on your fingers, then run across the eyebrow. As for the shears, some scissors have small grooves in the blades. Those grooves help hold hair while its being cut.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain