Default Pet/Owner Costume Ideas

My kids are going to be entering the fair pet show in a couple weeks and there is a costume contest. I am going to try to make one of them Little Bo Peep and her sheep but need another idea for my oldest daughter and her dog. I need something simple to do, perferably with no sewing involved and cheap I want it to be cute but not extravagant lol Any suggestions?

What kind/size is the dog, and how old is your "oldest" daughter?

daughter is 12 and the dog is an 11 mo. old Aussie

This is a silly idea, but why don't you make a sheep costume for the older girl? That way, she can be "herded by her aussie, and Little Bo Peep can hold big sis's hand, but it will look like she is also "herding" the sheep. Maybe couple the two dogs together? Or, you could do Little Bo Peep as the older daughter, and make the younger one and her dog both sheep. Basically, you need 2 sheep and 2 herders. An easy idea for sheep is to glue a few hundred cotton balls to a white sheet, cut to fit like a tunic and held in place with safety pins. Then lightly brush the cotton balls to make them fuzzy. Same thing for the dog costume, fit sheet to dog, cut, apply safety pins and cotton balls, and there you have it. You can find sheets cheap at goodwill, and the bags of cotton balls might run you $20 for enough to do the kid and the dog. You can buy a bulk of 2000 for about $16 including shipping on Amazon. I just tried it and 100 gets you just over 1 square foot if you pack them tightly, you could space them a bit more and get 1.5 square feet. For the kid, you would probably need 600, with a white turtleneck or even a long sleeve t shirt and black gloves up top and white leggings and black shoes on bottom.

You could do a cowgirl and her horse (or even that cowgirl toy from Toy Story). Or have your daughter dress like a dog and put jeans, tee shirt, hat/sunglasses, etc. on the dog to have a role reversal?