Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dog bones that last?

Does anyone know of a good dog bone that is safe and actually lasts more than 5 minutes? I have tried rawhides, busy bones, Nylabones and all don't last long enough for my chewers.

Default Antlers

Try Antlers. They last weeks and weeks here.
    That Tenacious Terrier!
    www.thattenaciousterrier.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Deer Antlers! Chloe loves hers. It was $30, and we have hed it for 2 months. She has barely chewed the little nubs smooth and she works on it every night in her crate. It does not make a sticky mess, either.

Default Real bones

Either from the grocery stores (I have seen bones in packages that the grocery stores sell) of from Tractor Supply (they have Choo Bones or whatever). These will last a while, but even real bones can get chewed up. However, it won't be fast like rawhide and Nylabones.

cow hooves, they stink to the high heavens but they last weeks, I kid you not. My heavy chewers take forever to finish them and they're cheap! Like a dollar a piece. Compressed rawhide lasts a little longer than the regular, but I don't recommend rawhide. Cow hooves are the way to go! and dogs LOVE them!

What size dog? I usually give mine raw marrow (soup) bones, w/ some of the marrow scraped out. Also beef ribs for my small dogs. My Skye Terrier is a power chewer and I give him the soup or raw knuckle bones. Kind of gross, but I let them chew them on a towel in their crate, or outside on the deck if it is nice out.

Yes, real beef bones.
    The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

If you can put up with the stench - cow hooves. They might drive you out of the house but the dogs think they smell delicious.

If you have itsy-weenie little dogs, try fresh raw ribs.

It you have an El Monstro or two, knuckle bones.

elk and deer antlers, the elk ones are a little bigger, just make sure they aren't sawed in half, They last forever! Well at least several weeks here, my pittie girl loved her black KONG too. either way they are are worth their weight in gold.

Another one is Himalayan Dog chews. They are made out of cow milk, yaks milk, salt, and lime. They last a long time, are fully digestable, and don't get gummy! Some of the field workers in Nepal work these in their mouths as they work. Pretty nifty. Also, I agree with almost everyone else, antlers are amazing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tbrehme View Post
    cow hooves, they stink to the high heavens but they last weeks, I kid you not. My heavy chewers take forever to finish them and they're cheap! Like a dollar a piece. Compressed rawhide lasts a little longer than the regular, but I don't recommend rawhide. Cow hooves are the way to go! and dogs LOVE them!
    Yup, my dogs loved them too...until three different dogs cracked their molars on them and it cost me $1000 in dental extractions...no more cow hooves for my dogs. One also cracked a hoof while chewing it and it got stuck on her tongue... not pretty. I use the sterilized bones or the heavy duty nylabones.

Where are the antlers available at? And do they STINK? Lol!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast