Thread: cotton in ears

Nerd cotton in ears

does everyone always put cotton in ears ? and do ya'll keep it in til end of groom (from bath thru grooming too)? thanks!

I don't use cotton in the ears. I don't need it. I do like using a happy hoodie the help the dog deal with the noise from the dryer and to help dry the head.

Default I prefer to use a Happy Hoodie, but

I have some dogs who don't like them. For those dogs, I use cotton balls. I have had dogs shake the cotton out of their ears and seem to prefer not to have hearing protection. I guess they feel more comfortable knowing what is going on. I do tend to leave it in until almost the end of the groom, when I remove it and clean their ears with alcohol swabs. I have also noticed that the cotton ball lets me know how dirty their ears are! :-)

Default cotton in the ears

I dont as I usually forget to take it out. I just put my thumb over the ear and I use very slow water pressure on the face. What ever you feel comfortable with I guess.

I dont use cotton either. Think about it. If u put cotton in the ear the cotton ball will get wet. So water will still get un the ear. If u wash and rinse away from the ear canal then the amount of water that enters the canal is minimal. And if u dry the ears straight thru when u dry the body then that too will take care of the water issue.

No cotton here...I usually don't even like to use it to clean. I use parti's way of flushing the ears, except I like to finish it up with a residual flush of ear cleaner because I (and some customers) have mentioned they prefer the smell. Every once in a great while if I can't get all the gunk out (I don't have a recirc so I kinda fudge it, it's not exact) ill use a q-tip to get out only what I can see. Sometimes gunk gets caught in the folds of the ear and I can't irrigate it out so
    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Also, I hate my phone on occasion lol.
    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

I only put them in if the owner asks me to. Personally, I think they are annoying and fall out anyways, no matter the custom size I cut them to fit in each ear. Once they fall out - definitely happens before the bath is over, I don't bother putting them back in. The only reason I do put them in is so that I won't be lying when asked if I put the cotton balls in the ears. I am careful enough, and haven't had any problems with ear infections happening because of water in the ear at the groomers.
    amanda
    ~You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who cannot pay you back~

Ditto Disaster. For really cruddy ears, I put DermaBenSs into the ear when I start the bath, then flush with the bather at the end. I finish with ear cleanser as well.

I also don't do cotton. They shake it out anyway, and I always rinse a certain way so the water is going away from the ear. I've never done cotton and also never had anyone say anything about ear infections either.