Tech OFFICIAL Fabulous Creative Grooming Cupcake Contest Win $$$ Thread

Contest closes June 15, 2011.

First prize is $100 cash! Second prize $50 cash!

Just a few rules. You must be 18 years of age at the time you enter. Void where prohibited.

Contest is open to ALL registered members of GroomerTALK Community, yes, even outside US.

If you win you will be required to provide a postal delivery address for your prize.

ONE ENTRY PER GROOMERTALK MEMBER UP TO 4 PHOTOS.

YOU MUST SEND YOUR PHOTO(S) UP TO 4 MAXIMUM TO STEPHEN AT findagroomer@earthlink.net. If you want to send them on disk send to Find A Groomer, PO Box 2489, Yelm, WA 98597. Entries must arrive by June 15, 2011.

We will display all entries for you on a special web page. Please do not post your entries on the message board please.

THEME: Well we have some sample pictures attached to this post to give you an idea and go from there with your creativity. You can enter one cupcake or a batch of cupcakes. The theme should be PET GROOMING / STYLING of dogs and/or cats.

YOUR ENTIRE CUPCAKE(s) MUST BE EDIBLE. Use pieces of candy or ? for eyes, etc. ALL EDIBLE.

Other than cake and frosting, please include some notes on what you used besides cake and frosting, such as licorice pieices for eyes, or ???

Judging will be based on execution and creativity, sorry we cannot taste them!

HAVE FUN!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the FAQ section, or in the Board Help Forum. Thanks for coming to PetGroomer.com http://www.petgroomer.com.

BUMP

How are our creative grooming bakers going?
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the FAQ section, or in the Board Help Forum. Thanks for coming to PetGroomer.com http://www.petgroomer.com.

Laugh Not

I keep peaking and slumping on the "testing" process with all this excess sugar in my veins! hee hee ... uuuuggghhh ... hee hee

Agree

Mylady--you soooooo got this girlfriend!!!
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Sad

*sigh* ... times a tickin' and the time line is close to ending on this one ... it's just that I hate to say I'll do something and not follow through ... problem is ... I made the darn cupcakes (red velvet even) ... and decorated them as best as I could ... and well ... I hold high esteem to all and any that can bake and decorate ... and well .... I PROMISE not to quit my day job!!! ~ is there a booby prize?

Y'all are in your right to laugh, snicker & chortle at my "creations" ... but at least they actually "tasted" good.

Oh man...I think I gave my muse diabetes! I just finished my cupcakes and sent in the pics. I'm definitely WAY better at grooming cats than grooming baked goods, but I have to say, that was FUN!

I have to go clean my kitchen. Guys, I really don't want to go clean up. It's scary in there!

hmmmm. Should I or shouldn't I?

Can I just buy Entenmann's cupcakes, scrape the icing off and slap some edible charms and doodads on them...or does this actually involve use of the oven thing (?) that has made a great little home for a mouse family on the bottom floor, and greenhouse for seedlings on the second floor,...... for the uh,.....past decade.

Can cupcakes be made in a microwave?
    I have many, many, buttons on that,..most never used, and nobody's living in it at the moment.
    I see a "popcorn" button, but no "cupcake" button. (??????)

4Sibes, you're hilarious. What's even more hilarious are my "cupcakes". Couldn't find decorating tips today so I had to do it the cheap way...with a ziplock! lol Well I'm sending them in now.

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by 4Sibes View Post
    hmmmm. Should I or shouldn't I? ... Can cupcakes be made in a microwave? I see a "popcorn" button, but no "cupcake" button. (??????)
    WHOOT! Too funny 4sibes! Please Do - just press the *popcorn* button, wait and see!

Honestly, I think it would be easier to whittle dry old dog poops into something than delicately decorate these cupcake thingies!

Breana ... I too have a "specially crafted" zip lock piping bag! This just means you are a creative genious and no less right! ?