Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You i'm thinking a 40 reverse just because she tore down a restored home. Shame on her.
    Never gonna know if you never even try

Default Give the portie the best haircut you can.

Then, grab your Speed Feed and go after the owner's head with the #40.

Quote Originally Posted by onekwd View Post
    Then, grab your Speed Feed and go after the owner's head with the #40.
    That could take quite a while with my LackofSpeed Feed, lol! Like 3 months or so. I could prolly chew her hair off faster. Ew.

I think the best solution was a proposal by WorkingChi...to give her the best groom of her LIFE, then I'll charge her like 25.00 for it, (my Porties start at more than 3X that amount)...... and refuse to rebook her, lol!

Default Sad

I makes me sad to see the low opinion people have of PWD's. I came here looking for help because we have opted to learn to clip our own, mostly because we are new to our area and don't know any 'good' local groomers. PWD's need someone with experience because there truly isn't a lot of information about how to do their groom correctly. They often get a very 'generic' type groom. The body's a no brainer but the face and head are a bit unique.

I love my Porti and she has such a wonderful temperament. The breed standard suggests that although they can be a tad strong willed, when that drive in channeled you get a super obedience dog (or whatever avenue of challenge you put them to). Our doggie has certainly proven to be just so.

To think of owners purchasing a dog they know has certain grooming requirements and not preparing for them from puppyhood shows a lack of responsibility on the part of the owner and a real lack of care for their K9 companion. We started out pup getting used to grooming, clippers, scissoring and all manner of handling from the time we brought her home so that when she went for her first groom she would be emotionally prepared.

The first groom was only to have her bangs and snout done and I directed the groomer to make sure the dog had a quick and pleasant experience, the end result was secondary. I was not please with how they went about managing getting the dog quiet and didn't return to that groomer again (sigh).

Just putting it out there. PWD's are wonderful dogo's when trained to be handled properly, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by angie j View Post
    I makes me sad to see the low opinion people have of PWD's. I came here looking for help because we have opted to learn to clip our own, mostly because we are new to our area and don't know any 'good' local groomers. PWD's need someone with experience because there truly isn't a lot of information about how to do their groom correctly. They often get a very 'generic' type groom. The body's a no brainer but the face and head are a bit unique.

I love my Porti and she has such a wonderful temperament. The breed standard suggests that although they can be a tad strong willed, when that drive in channeled you get a super obedience dog (or whatever avenue of challenge you put them to). Our doggie has certainly proven to be just so.

To think of owners purchasing a dog they know has certain grooming requirements and not preparing for them from puppyhood shows a lack of responsibility on the part of the owner and a real lack of care for their K9 companion. We started out pup getting used to grooming, clippers, scissoring and all manner of handling from the time we brought her home so that when she went for her first groom she would be emotionally prepared.

The first groom was only to have her bangs and snout done and I directed the groomer to make sure the dog had a quick and pleasant experience, the end result was secondary. I was not please with how they went about managing getting the dog quiet and didn't return to that groomer again (sigh).

Just putting it out there. PWD's are wonderful dogo's when trained to be handled properly, IMHO.

This post was a tongue in cheek funny tale of a groomer with a client who had unreasonable expectations. This is a groomer forum and we understood the humor. You really could have put ANY breed in that line and the story would have been the same.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2