Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Minnesota's Sprinkles and Cheese or Cheese and Sprinkles

I just saw the movie "Rio". (wonderful). The hero human is a woman from Minnesota and there are some cute references to Minnesota and a joke about Minnesota.

But some smart hollywood editor decided not to let us in on the meaning of the term "Cheese and Sprinkles", or it may be "Sprinkes with Cheese". I don't know.

But the internet is lighting up with posts about this term which no one from Minnesota seems to know but then we haven't gone through the entire state population yet.

Appartently Minnestoa is known for cute food terms like "hot dishes"
    http://www.minnesota-visitor.com/min...h-recipes.html

That's instead of casserole.

So does anybody know the term Cheese and Sprinkles? I'm thinking you guys in Minnesota have a gigantic state fair and it's a term from that? Or something you put over a hot dish with tater tots? Either way, I'm getting hungry thinking about it.

Really Big Laugh

HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm tellin ya man, we don't know! Too funny!

LOL I don't know either! Know what a hotdish is but Cheese and Sprinkles????

I grew up in Wisconsin so I never did learn to speak Minnesotan..they are very confusing over there. I think it has something to do with the Vikings getting sprinked by the Pack this year..maybe?

It was really nice to see a movie featuring a Minnestotaen. She was a wonderful heroine. Animal loving, smart, and plucky. And Minnesota is a wonderful place. I always say those states with hard winters has a smarter population. I think the hard winter doesn't allow dummies to survive and flourish like in the warmer climes. Thanks for your help.

The sprinkles and cheese thing is not going to disappear. Not in this age of instant access to all information. I think the term is very obscure and I may have to contact Blue Sky Studio 20th Century Fox Animation, the production company. The movie has a twitter thingie. Now I wish I twittered. I'm so old school.

Quote Originally Posted by A1Mobile View Post
    I grew up in Wisconsin so I never did learn to speak Minnesotan..they are very confusing over there. I think it has something to do with the Vikings getting sprinked by the Pack this year..maybe?
    Whatever!

Yeah, never heard of it here either, born and raised here...people not from here are so funny in the way they think of us, lol, like we are from some other planet or something, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by winterroo View Post
    Yeah, never heard of it here either, born and raised here...people not from here are so funny in the way they think of us, lol, like we are from some other planet or something, lol!
    Try being from California. Steers and queers, fruits and nuts. I've heard it all.

Quote Originally Posted by wendtd View Post
    I always say those states with hard winters has a smarter population. I think the hard winter doesn't allow dummies to survive and flourish like in the warmer climes.
    I don't know about smarter... We are dumb enough to live here in the winter and then complain about it the whole time. I hate winter, I should move to Cali! I hear Chico has some good grooming....

Default Garrison Keillor...

Blame him and Prairie Home Companion for how the rest of the world views MN....LOL

Scott

Smile cheese and sprinkles

here is the link for 15 seconds from the movie
    http://youtu.be/9ObyZxbavuw
    not sure how long will stay there though

I think "cheese and sprinkles" is the new way to swear nicely....like "shut the front door".

It's not a midwestern colloquialism.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast