Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Feather Extensions for dogs

I don't know if any of you have seen these feather extensions that many women have been putting in their hair for something different. I watched a how to on Youtube the other day. It made me think that would be a super cute add on service that people might like for their dogs on tails and ears. I have always wanted to offer color and asked many clients if I could and they were hesitant because of it being a long term change to their dogs coat. I have seen these feathers in all different colors, they are washable, you can use a dryer with them and easily removed. What do you guys think?
    Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
    Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Smile

Depends on your customer base.

Our customers would probably not pay extra to put feathers in Buffy's hair, but if they did, they would leave them in for 3 months and the next time we saw Buffy, Buffy would walk out with lamb ears and a rat tail.

http://www.finefeatherheads.com/photo-gallery

Apparently, someone already thought about it for their dogs. I looked at this site and their are pics of dogs with the extensions in the photo gallery. This gives you an idea of what I am talking about. It also show all the colors to choose from.
    I don't think that this extension would be any different than putting a bow in for instance. IF they are gonna leave them in they will leave them in. I take out 6 week old bows all the time and don't have to shave the ear. They can be washed, brushed and even flatironed. I think I may have to get some

I saw a bunch of photos on a site where the artist creates dog sculptures with only feathers on the dogs - they are unrealistically beautiful. I say go for it,,, I think it would be a very cool addition,,and I an hoping to see someone in a Creative class start using feathers!
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

I'm pretty sure I have seen these sort of extensions in some Japanese Style grooming too...I think I'm gonna make an order! I will follow up when I get them

I have a good friend who sells bundles to businesses. We're starting to sell them next week!

that is so cool.

Default I wonder

if someone not too adept can put in those semi permanent feathers. I have especially one client who would love them, but I don't think I would charge extra. I'd just have a happier client. I'm an anti-up sell person.
    Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Thumbs up Those look really neat!

I say do it! they look awesome and its rising on popularity. if i didnt work for petcorp i would add it to my store asap

Going to check it out. Fun.

Woah! PRICEY!!! (even before mark up and labor)

Has anyone yet devised a costing plan? What's the price for bulk and then per application? They are beautiful but I can not justify purchasing a few pretty feathers for $5. I suppose it would be a matter of ordering only upon request and not having costly feather on hand incase you get a request ... anyone already onto this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast