Jiggy Best program for mobile?

I've checked out 123 and looks pretty good, but are any others more tailored for mobile? It's only going to be me, so mutiple groomers not needed. Online booking not really needed. Just a simple one. I've got enough to stress over right now =)

Thanks!
    Nikki

What is it that you want your program to be able to do for you? Honestly, I have been mobile a year and I did look for a computer program for awhile. I ended up just using my ical and my address book (I have a mac). I can put all client info into my address book, including picture of the dog and grooming instructions and arrange my schedule beautifully on ical. I don't need any help mapping my route through a program since my area is small and I only do 5 to 6 dogs a day, so I really don't need some automated program sending out reminders, etc. To me, if you are not going to sell retail or have multiple packages and groomers working for you, a lot of the shop/kennel programs are overkill for mobile (and an unecessary expense. Let's face it, we have enough necessary expenses these days with gas going up!) JMHO

I agree, those programs can be overkill. What kind of cell phone do you have? If you use Google Calendar and have a smartphone with the Android system (Droid) then it syncs automatically with your phone. I get reminders on my phone for all of my appointments I schedule in Google Calendar.

I have the iphone4. I know there is the "mgroomer" that is supposed to come out soon. I downloaded an app the other day just to see how it was...ehhh...Too basic.

I'm debating on getting a small laptop. I just want to be able to make appts, map my route, print out invoices for those who want them, a credit card processing program (which i know they have for the iphone). Don't need reminder cards or e-mails or anything like that really.

I really want an iPad (strictly for works purposes ha!) and as long as i can print invoices/grooming releases i'm good..

Grin i like 123

i have an ipad and was considering the same thing... but i dont have the wireless or 3g ipad. so i need to find a monthly plan that can help me make my ipad wireless for the mobile. i like the 123 program its very simple and works nicely.

Smile Dog Groomer App for iPhone

I am a house-call groomer and have been using the Dog Groomer app for a few months. It's worth the 30 bucks they charge. Has your clients ( which can be from your contact list), scheduling, a register for checking out your appointments, place to enter all your services with prices and whether they are taxable or not, place for all your products if you sell any retail,and you can generate reports of your daily closeouts, or transactions. I just email all the receipts and daily closeouts from the phone to my email and print them out when I get home. I have to admit, I was leery about getting it, but I love it. Any questions, just ask me..

you actually print invoices?
    how often do you need a grooming release? can't you just print a few and have them on hand?
    I want an ipad too!!! hey, if it's for the business it's at least a tax write-off. hahaha!

I keep thinking about taking credit cards but I can't seem to do it. I think last time I considered, I had to have $800/month in credit card charges for it to be cost effective.

I'm looking at software too. I want some good business reports to see where the money is coming from and other statistics. I think I'd like to offer online booking too.

I'm definitely going to check out the dog groomer app for iphone. I'm getting an iphone 4S this month. moving off of blackberry is a little scary.

Default sbNextStep is free software and syncs to Google Calendar

sbNextStep is really great. Runs our whole shop. There are 3 of us, although we aren't mobile. It's not web-based, but it syncs to Google Calendar (2-way syncing), so I can book from my phone (Verizon Android). It's the best free software I've ever heard of.

Confused

I am going with an Iphone this month as well. I like the fact I can use the could with my laptop. BUT!!.... If you are mobile and not purchasing any software programs how on earth do you track the history of the pets haircuts? I have several clients that switch haircuts depending on the time of year. Any input or suggestions would be great!!!!

I tried sbNextStep when it first came out. They changed it up so that its actually free but if you have any questions its going to cost. That's where I said no. So I just stick with my 3 ring binder with the clients signed at the first groom form & all them & their dogs grooming info on another page. Then I have Genbook which is an online appointment scheduling program, I have a few clients that like to book their own appt so about 5 or so, the rest book with me at the door & I come home & put those in. I do make sure to schedule at the door appts in my phone calendar so I don't forget (been there, done that). The Genbook program sends me an email of the appts I just made or the client & there is a link in it when I open the email that will send it to my phone calendar. On my phone each day under the clock it will list my appts for the day. I have a t-mobile htc touch pro2 window's phone so it has all the windows office programs on it if I want to use them too. For CC's I went with paypal, there's no monthly fee. Just the little fees for using it. Saves me alot when I only have about 3 clients that use this so i'm not using paypal every month. When I looked around I think Intuit with Quickbooks was one of the cheaper programs for credit cards. Something like $12+ for the monthly fee. I didn't feel it was worth it when the people using credit cards weren't that many & not once a month. Oh my reciepts are those store bought books with the white & yellow sheets. Simple & easy. I use Quickbooks Simple Start to keep track of sales at the end of the day.

Shannon
    The Soapy Puppy mobile