Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default New Sentry Fiproguard

Is anyone familiar with this product? It claims to be "like Frontline" only half the cost. I'm a little reluctant to advise clients when I don't know how it works.

I was recently told by a local vet, that the active ingredient in Frontline et al, has been deregulated, so we will see many more products containing it. I believe Davis now has a spot on that contains it as well, which I may try some this season for retail.

Default Flea Stuff

I stopped selling Frontline last year and threw away my remaining packages. It doesn't work on fleas here on the Central Coast of California and I felt it was a disservice to my customers. I recommend Comfortis to all my customers now even though it is a prescription only product sold by vets. Maybe the fleas in other parts of the country are not as tough as the ones here.

Pooches, I use and recommend Comfortis as well, but there are dogs that should NOT take it. Particularly, dogs with seizure disorders are at risk for increased seizure activity and also dogs under 5lbs. While I don't think the spot on's work as well as they used to, they are better than NOTHING Some people are just not going to make a trip to the vet to get an Rx flea med and I'd like to have something they can use as an alternative in these cases.

BTW, the flea's and ticks in NC are BRUTAL!

Default Frontline

Hey all, just a quick heads up about the Frontline. The drug can be 'created' now by other companies because the patent has expired. YOu'll probably see a TON of 'works just like Frontline' advertisements before long. I personally don't think that's a great thing (to be 'like Frontline'), but just my opinion.

Are they the same? No. Frontline is tested by veterinarians and has to live up to the standards of other veterinarians. We all know products like Sargents and Hartz don't work as well and have been known to kill dogs or cause seizures, etc. but unless a dog has an allergy to the drug itself, the 'vet products' should not do this. However, it is now a new thing we can refer our clients in the hopes that they'll use something rather than nothing.

My own dog can use NOTHING other than Revolution, so I know I won't be trying this product (or any like them).

I have only seen PetArmorPlus being indorsed on The Animal Planet Available only at Sams club and walmart for cats it's $28 for 3 months

exactly the same as frontline, patent expired and now theirs generic petaromorplus vets r saying it's not the same because they r going to lose some profits Im sure they get generic drugs for themself to save money

When I worked in San Diego, possibly the flea capitol of the world, I tried using my trusty Frontline. To no avail. I think the little #&% have adapted. I sent folks home with explicit instructions on how to treat the environment and to treat the pet every 2 weeks with Frontline(vet okayed).

The binding agents do not work well. I am still using and continue to advise use of frontline.

I seen on the news last week about the one sold at walmart it has one ingredient the same that kills the fleas but not the other that repels them. My dog uses revolution but it does not protect from all the ticks or mosquitoes like advantix does I believe. I seen another forum where people use revolution with a preventix collar anyone have any experience with this? Or maybe I can use the generic frontline plus my revolution for the protection extra tick protection? Or is advantix any good and I believe I would need some heartworm meds to go with that? Any help would be appreciated, I just want him fully protected and everyone I ask says frontline plus but I do not want to use them alone because of all forums that say frontline does not work that well and advantix commercial that says frontline does not repel the ticks only kills them after they have been feeding the dog. Thanks so much!

The best source of information as to what products work best in your area are typically local vets and local groomers.

Fiproguard has a normal and a plus version just as Frontline does. While there may be some areas where Frontline does not work as affectively, there certainly are plenty of areas where it does work fantastic. I have great results with the product.

I personally am very careful with my pets in that I choose to not bombard them with chemicals. Multiple products are often not a good idea. Personally, I don't see the point in paying for Revolution when you still have to use a flea/tick preventative. Seems to me there would be a lot of overlap using Revolution with Advantix or Frontline. Yes, you need a heartworm preventative along with Advantix or Frontline, but Heartguard or Interceptor are quite a bit cheaper than Revolution.

I've usually used (sparingly) Frontline or Advantix on my cats. They're indoor cats, so the usage has been preventative--but, occasionally, one cat, in particular, has managed to pick up a flea or a few. When I've used the other products, whatever fleas he's had have been gone *snap*....I tried Fiproguard, falling into the trap of wanting to save money; end result: his fleas are alive and well, and now I have to wait a month to treat him again. Complete failure of the product.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast