Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Where to buy silver nitrate?

I'm familiar with silver nitrate sticks and would like to buy some, however, at the places I've used them before I haven't been the one buying them

Google is my friend and has popped up some choices, but I was wondering first if there was a specific place that groomers can get them from? Perhaps a bigger company to maybe combine on shipping or something? I haven't seen them in any catalogs that I've noticed. Just wondering where some of you get yours!
    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Personally, I would buy them through a local vet. The ones I found online are hit and miss with whether they work well or not.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

I get my silver nitrate sticks from a vet too.

My pharmacy orders them for me.
    "The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind"-Theodorus Gaza

How do these work compared to styptic powder? I hate styptic powder, but have never used the silver nitrate.

I only use them in the rare case of a Snz ear edge, or a pad nick or something like that. they burn and they stain hair and hands. NOT good as a replacement for styptic.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Smile silver nitrate

I work with a vet, so I get them from the office, but I believe it is a prescription product, so be careful when using them.

I find they work better on nails than styptic does, seems to hold up better - less chance of coming back open on a sidewalk.

Yep, I get them from my vet as well, don't use often (thank god) only on those real nasty nail bleeders.

Default I agree with Particentral

the ones you can get off of amazon.com are a bit hit or miss... my pack I got (for like $20) is great, but my coworker's from the same company is ******.
    Maybe having a vet order would be better

Thanks so much guys! I LOVE being able to get solid answers to any question I may have.
    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

I get them from my vet. Mostly for my own sheltie who had POOR foot care as a youngster and he has a couple nails that bleed PERIOD. They seem to work the best for him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast