Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Care Credit for GROOMING?

I have had three people in the last couple of weeks tell me that their Care Credit advisor told them they could use their Care Credit Card at the grooming shops too. I cannot process it, and was wondering if anyone has any idea WHY they would tell someone they could. Can you put grooming at a vet clinic on Care Credit? I am REALLY confused and when I called Care Credit they won't answer any questions because I am not a member. One person just a minute ago got ILL as a snake that I cannot process her card and left with her dog. Silly people!
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

With a quick online search it seems you can use the care credit for just about anything at a VET'S office IF they accept Care Credit (in other words are a member). So it doesn't look like grooming shops would be able to accept them, but vets could.

i have a care credit card....does that mean i can use it for my hair cuts and pedicures? care credit is for medical stuff only i believe....like the dentist the vets office, the doctor....
    Hound

Um...I'm sorry to be the lone simpleton, but I gotta ask-what is care credit? From hound's post, it sounds kind of like a government issued medical credit card??

We accept Care Credit (it's a special form of credit card to help people pay their vet bills) at the hospital I work for but I can't say it's ever been used, or even suggested, for my grooming services. I can certainly have my hospital manager call them and find out, though.

Simpleton #2, what is care credit?
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Care Credit is a credit card, often they offer things like 18 months no interest. It's a way, now that more and more vets don't extend credit for emergencies (mainly) for people to be able to pay for emergency surgery or care for their pets. Care Credit also can be used at a lot of human plastic surgery places.

I guess an easy way to explain it is it's kinda like a Kohls credit card, or a Victoria's Secret credit card - where you can only use it at a particular shop, not all over like visa/master card. Except Care Credit is accepted at many vets & plastic surgery centers.

If I remember correctly, the interest actually isn't too bad, in the teens somewhere, but that may have changed.

It's a big help for people without extra funds who need emergency care for their dog/cat/etc. And it's not as hard to qualify for as some credit cards.

I used one years ago when my Doberman (now gone) had a slipped disc and needed an MRI and more. And a husky mix that needed TPLO surgery.

I work at a vet clinic which takes care credit and yes, we have had customer's pay for their grooming with the care credit. I figured that this must be BECAUSE we're a clinic, since I understand it's for medical services.

Default care credit

is a credit card for medical purpose's. Both pet and human. However, your vet clinic would have to accept care credit, as the clinic would have a seperate credit card machine supplied by care credit to process a clients payment. Thus, the clinic would be a member.
    Grooming at a vet clinic they would be able to use the card for grooming payment.

The people were told that it would cover grooming but NOT that it would only work at the vet clinic so they were angry with me.....PEOPLE!
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Some dentists take it too. We used to have it, and they really had a good promo, 90 days no interest no payments. We only used it the one time for some major dental work.
    What does a dog do on it's day off?

At the big box store I worked at we had someone pay with a care credit card. Depending on where you use your CC card you can get anywhere from 90 days to 18 months of interest free money. Last I looked the interest rate was 23%, so I wouldn't use it unless the office you worked with had an offer set up. My dentist always does 12 months. Their customer service people are actually people, not a bunch of #'s so thats helpful. I've nto been in a position of being a business owner and asked to take it so not sure what that is all about. Its a great card and fairly easy to get, I actually got mine thru an application at the dentists office.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast