Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Not Worthy Element Shears! Just WAIT till you try these!

You guys are not gonna believe these shears! I've been blessed by a very kind friend here on the boards with a beautiful set of 8" straight shears. In case anyone missed it, our own Chris Sertzel (Windywaycavaliers) is currently in the prototype testing phase for her new line of professional shears known as Elements. She generously decided to allow me to be involved in this processs and I've been using my "Water's" for a few weeks now. And I LOVE THEM!

They fit my hand unbelievably well, far better than the Kenchii Scorpions I've been using to date. They are soooo lightweight I no longer have any sort of hand fatigue after a long day of scissoring. They are at least half the weight of the Kenchii straights. It's almost as though they were an extension of my hand. I just move my thumb and the hair seems to evaporate before my eyes. Weird and amazing! And sharrrrrp......I could do emergency surgery with these things if I had to! They also have this neat little serrated edge to help hold the hair, so my finish work is not only more precise, it takes less time as well.

I was a little skeptical about the thumb/finger ring thingys when I first saw them. The Kenchii's came with a pretty little plastic ring to go in the thumbhole (which Im constantly knocking out and losing). These things have these big black rubber rings. And holy cow what a difference! They stay put in the shears but more importantly, they are VERY comfortable and actually do the job of helping to keep my thumb securely in place far better than the dinky plastic ones do - even if they aren't in bright primary colors! I'd never seen ones like these before but Im now pretty firmly convinced they should be standard issue for shear manufacturers. Kenchii, you can keep your pretty plastic rings. I prefer ones that actually work.

About the only thing I would change on these? There is no tension-adjusting knob. And I bet that small detail changes before the final product is made available to the public. Actually, they may already be available: Im hoping Chris will chime in here and add her two cents...Anywho, the really exciting part is that I get to help her refine and perfect these marvelous new toys of hers.....which gives me an excuse to keep her on the phone for hours badgering her with questions completely unrelated to her shears, which she patiently and cheerfully answers! Anyone who's been in this business awhile knows the contribution that Christ Sertzel has made to our industry. On a personal level, she has been an intrisic part of my own grooming education and her blogs, videos, and advice (which she so freely shares) have helped me greatly along this path upon which I've embarked. The idea of her actually designing and manufacturing grooming tools is one I find very exciting and I simply cannot wait to see how far she takes it!
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

I saw a post quite awhile back about them, I was hoping they would become available soon and that I could maybe see her at a show and try them out! I'd love more info, I'm quite the scissor (and product) whore, lol. Pricing, pics, metal type, edge type? Availability?

Im soo excited for her!!! And you too puppyfluffer!!! I cant wait to see more information on when these Fabulous shears will be able to fit into our willing and wanting hands!!!

Default Can't wait.........

I've been wanting new shears for quite a while. Hurry up, Chris. Need more info and availability..........

May I see them? I live in your town and I'd love to see them. Is it a big secret? If not, please let me hold them.

Ok, that is awesome. But girl what are you doing with your shears??? As big a klutz as I am, I have never knocked that ring out, on any of my Kenchis. While getting Chloe's bedroom ready, I found one of the first ones I ever bought. They are so heavy! Will look for them when they come out!

Quote Originally Posted by wendtd View Post
    May I see them? I live in your town and I'd love to see them. Is it a big secret? If not, please let me hold them.
    Not only will I let you hold them, my very dear friend....I'll even let you USE them! Now THAT'S true love!
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy in the Sky View Post
    Ok, that is awesome. But girl what are you doing with your shears??? As big a klutz as I am, I have never knocked that ring out, on any of my Kenchis.
    Funny thing is, them stupid little rings have NEVER stayed put. I don't know if they come in different sizes and Kenchii sent me the wrong size with the shears or what, but I hate 'em and have just done without a ring for over a year now. Maybe it's my big fat knuckle...

Not Worthy

Thank you Fluffer! Thank you sincerely for taking the time to post your take on the shears, and for being honest with me about them! This is the best way I think to get honest feedback. And educated opinion!
    The shears are coming right along. Looking at early summer for them to be released!
    In the end, I've decided that every design will have a tension dial. I have finally found a good (and unique) dial that is not too heavy, so this can be added without adding hardly any weight to the shears- their feather weight and still being so solidly built is an attribute that I happen to love. The 8" shears will have the serrated edge, and they are all 440C steel and/or titanium finished depending on the design. The thumb & finger inserts will all be colored- same design for sure as the colored or glittered rings look pretty but they just do not hold up. I am still trying to decide if I want to color code them (earth= green accents, water=blue accents, fire= red accents, wind= white accents) or just go with all one color accents so the set looks beautiful together- I am thinking that I would go with green for all of them where the blue accents are shown in this photo I attached.
    phpO3sltVPM.jpg
    I am looking for tight curves yet,, and no line yet on lefty's but I do want both of those to be in the final set as well. ~Price will knock you over-- anywhere from $40 to $100. And no,, quality does not always get reflected in final price,,let me tell you! I am looking to get these shears available to groomers from those starting out to those career groomers who are shear addicts like I am, and the lower cost assures me that I can help that happen. K- I am bordering on soliciting here, and that would just be rude. But...
    Thank you again for your kind words Fluffer and all who've replied. I have to get back to packing up this Canine Spa Therapy order, but I will check this thread to see if there are any more questions.
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Chris, I am so proud of you! Since I will be able to ford them I will buy almost all of them if not all of them. PF, compare them to Chris Chistensen?
    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Quote Originally Posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
    PF, compare them to Chris Chistensen?
    Love to, but can't. I've never seen CC shears, let alone held them. Perhaps Wendt has a pair I can fondle.

(giggle - that last sentence will garner a few comments Im sure).

Wow Chris how did I miss this! That's great! Good for you! Can't wait to check them out. Will you have the at Atlanta Pet Fair?
    "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast