Default Epsom Salts for dogs?

I have been using an epsom salt soak for my sore foot. I got to thinking as I was doing a dog that is suffering from a disk problem- would it be safe to do a wrap on him with the epsom salt? I was reading on the package you can make a concentrated solution, soak a towel and wrap the affected area- but that was for people.
    Are there any medical reasons to not use this?

As far as I know, epsom salts are for drawing out excess fluid in the tissues so I don't know about a disc. I've used it before on dogs with allergies and puffy feet and it worked well. The more I think I know, the more I find out that I don't know...lol.

Epsom salts are also used to draw the lactic acid out of muscles. So if he had sore back muscles perhaps- bu disc issue itself i dont' think it would do much.

When my dog's toe was swollen, the vet recommended I do an epsom saltsoak. I never did, cuz I have a husky and trying to soak his foot in anything is, well.....difficult, to put it mildly.

Decatur, Texas, United States, Western Hemisphere, Earth

Quote Originally Posted by SiberianLover View Post
    well.....difficult, to put it mildly.
    Picturing this makes me want to fall over laughing.

last winter my wft cut her foot on some ice. It wouldn't heal and kept breaking open, bleeding. After 3 weeks of this, I soak her foot twice in 1 day with very warm epsom salt water. Healed within a few days.