Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Just left of center stage.right next to the dogs

LOL Pink New Way To Trim Unwilling Dogs' Nails/It Works.

I went out to groom a Lhasa and just trim the other dogs' nails. the lady said if she puts a dress on her she won't move and it is easy to trim her nails. So she brings her back out in a shocking pink and gray little doggie dress that said Biker Chick on it. I put her on the table and sure enough she was pretty easy to do. LOL Who'd a thunk it? So next time you have a tuffy maybe putting a dress on him/her will do the trick. LOL The Lhasa was a very good boy without any dress.

Default Haha, but not for all

Some dogs don't like clothes and will freeze/not walk, etc.

Wouldn't work for really phobic dogs (about nails) or for dogs that aren't bother by clothes.

Wish you had pics of that! Too funny the things us groomers come across!!!

LOL Pink Next time for photos

I left my camera home charging the battery. I am not saying it is for every dog, but I just thought it was funny and it worked too.

Oh my gosh! Too cute!

I do have a Golden client who goes into a coma like state when I put the happy hoodie on him. He's pretty good about nails but pulls a lot. One day I put the Happy Hoodie on and yep.....coma dog. Perfect!
    Hasn't worked on any others yet tho : (

ROFL I agree and wish you had pics LOL
    "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

A groomer I know does this really aggressive shih tzu... since he was 3 months he was like this. The owners told the groomer that when they put a jacket on the dog he doesn't move, so they tried it with the grooming.. luckily it worked! She was able to get his face and legs done completely... so they tried it the next time and it didn't work at all!

Cute Thundershirt

Maybe that is like the new product they have out called the Thundershirt (you can Google it). The principal is that if the dogs are wrapped (like swaddling for their bodies) it will feel like a hug and they will feel more secure and not stress out. I would not have thought of that! Definitely something to try.

Agree

Love it! And its certainly worth a try with some of 'em!
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Smile Dress?

I just bought a 50.00 sling just for a aggressive haves x that won`t let me touch his nails. And all I need was a pretty dress! lol

Quote Originally Posted by newfiegal View Post
    I just bought a 50.00 sling just for a aggressive haves x that won`t let me touch his nails. And all I need was a pretty dress! lol
    LOL I'd still put a silly dress on him/her just to humiliate em'.

I know, isn't it funny? And clever. I have a few snuggies for my dogs, I might try one of those.

Animated Wink I get it

I kinda understand why this works. I heard of this thing used to calm dogs called a thunder jacket...maybe it works the same way....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast