Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not Worthy shorkies haircut ideas

Picture 084.jpgsoo I am looking for a cute style for my shorkie - I shaved him down about 3 months ago just before he was given to me and I have let him grow out since then,I trim his face feet and sani( almost weekly ) and we are at 2-3 inches of hair on the body right now. most if not all of the ones I groom get a#7 k tb head
    ok I dont want to do that on my dog .Im tired of it on other peoples dog. does anyone have any cute shorkie pics? zi was thinking I wanted a topknot but growing that out is driving me nuts. oh I dont mind brushing in fact I love to .open to sugestions if anyone has them.heres a pic thank you .

This is kind of extreme, but what about a Brussels?? it seems he has the coloring to pull it off

Default Yup, Brussels or -

You can do tasseled ears for something different, too, if the leather is not huge.

I would change just about everything on that head - way shorter muzzle, cheeks off like the Brussels, change the ears (shave all or shave top and keep tassel), and thinning shear the head UP (with product if needed) OR shave it but have teensy brows (not forward like Schnauzer, just little arching ones).

When everyone sees your dog, tons will be asking for you to put that expression on THEIR dog, and you might even get sick of the "new" heads, lol.

I vote with the others! Brussels look would be way cute and very original!

I was thinking that too untill I tried to imagine his ears- he kinda has bigger ears think he would look dorkie with thoses ears?
    I have a friend with a brussels but she likes him natural -only gets a bath. he kinds looks bad. scruffy.im going to look at some online he is the only one ive ever seen in person and she only got him because of a movie. thank you guys its funny I had thought oF THat before and everyone else said it too.

The shorkie I had we put in a cocker style pattern: shorter back with a skirt and then a teddy head.
    He pulled the look off and was very cute. I'd post a picture of him, but don't have any; sorry
    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

When styling your Shorkie's hair, it's popular to add a few accessories to give your dog a little bit more personality and style. Many owners that keep longer hairstyles may want to pull the hair on the forehead up with a ribbon or bow, pulling hair away from the eyes and providing a nod to the common fashion trend of the Shih Tzu. Small bandanas, several bows, and articles of clothing also compliment most Shorkie hairstyles, long and short.

I have no ideas... but he's adorable!!!

Debbie

first off.. congrats! adorable... what I do with many of my owners who are in the midst of trying to let things grow out is to use thinning shears to set in a visor... only a half inch deep from center of eye to center of eye like a crown would be on a cocker. This helps keep any longer hairs that might come forward & actually stick to the eye from doing so.
    for the body? when dealing with mix-breeds it is best to look at what is the dominant breed and work from that point. if they are (temperment wise) leaning more towards rough play & they might mat up easier, we use a #1 or #1/2 straight down the spine & lightly blend/tent it off to the sides... this keeps the top line even but also keeps the mass of hair lighter & easier to keep in good shape. fuller scissored legs and if male? slightly higher furnishings so they dont 'mess' on them, if a girl longer is fine.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346525423.012907.jpg

This is Eevee. She's a Shorkie too! Shr belongs to my business partner. Just yesterday she did a #7 Daisy Clip (cocker cut) on her. Personally i would have gone with a #4 for more blend.

Is a Shorkie a Shih Tzu/Yorkie cross?

I would do a more Asian flair, but the Pic didn't show up good on my phone so can't tell what kind of hair. Shorter layered rounded ears, oval muzzle with lots thinning shear work, if has blocky head, then shorter on cheeks. Or can do extremes... Body short with long flair legs, long ears & topknot, and oval muzzle, or can do funky stuff like bangs, Mohawks etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast